Quick Montrachet Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
I threw away the pack before i could read it. What is the temperature range for Montrachet Yeast? I ask because i've had apfelwein fermenting for 2 weeks (going on three) and it ceased activity at the end of 2 and started clearing, when i say cease i mean there were no bubbles at all. I had it at a constant temperature of 70*F, well I upped my heater to get the temp up on another brew i just made and it rose the Apfelwein to 71* now i'm getting a bubble every couple of minutes... Is this just a phenomenon or could it have been stuck and then gave way when it went up? That's odd that 1 degree would do that.

DeadYetiBrew said:
I threw away the pack before i could read it. What is the temperature range for Montrachet Yeast? I ask because i've had apfelwein fermenting for 2 weeks (going on three) and it ceased activity at the end of 2 and started clearing, when i say cease i mean there were no bubbles at all. I had it at a constant temperature of 70*F, well I upped my heater to get the temp up on another brew i just made and it rose the Apfelwein to 71* now i'm getting a bubble every couple of minutes... Is this just a phenomenon or could it have been stuck and then gave way when it went up? That's odd that 1 degree would do that.

I looked at the Montrachet packet on Saturday and didn't notice any recommendations for temperature of pitching. It only talked about storing it in a refrigerator after opening, IIRC.

EdWort said:
Red Star Montrachet Wine Yeast Ferments best between 59º and 86º F.

Alright thanks guys... I must have just not paid enough attention to notice the time between the bubbles.

Back