Winter wonderland...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
inside my freezer with my latest batch still in the conical. The temperature probe somehow found it's way outside the freezer so it's been running for about a day or possibly a little more. Airlock is frozen. The beer was well into secondary so I'm guessing it's going to be fine... just extreme cold crash. Thoughts?

is the beer still liquid or mostly liquid?
if so i would think you are fine.
i am assuming water in the airlock so it froze but the alcohol in the beer should have spared it freezing as fast as the airlock.
good luck

The beer is not frozen and it was about 4 to 5 days into secondary so it's probably fine. It'll be interesting to see if it affects the final clarity.

If it's an ale and you're bottle conditioning it, it might be a good idea to pitch new yeast when you bottle.

Luckily it's being kegged and force carb'd/nitro'd. Who knows, this may be a good technique. :)

rabidgerbil said:
am I the only one wondering how big his freezer is, that he put a conical in there?

Check the link in my sig... then the "Process" page.

Back