Hammer Head Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoke76

Reaction score
Working on the lable for my first brew. What do you think so far?

hammerhead.jpg

Simple but cool. The font seem a little small. Are you going to add any color or a background?

Strictly opinion since I have no artistic ability but I think it would look better if the skull were facing instead of profile. Also I think it would look better if the hammers were sledge hammer heads instead of claw hammers.

Regards,
Alan

GIusedtoBe said:
Strictly opinion since I have no artistic ability but I think it would look better if the skull were facing instead of profile. Also I think it would look better if the hammers were sledge hammer heads instead of claw hammers.

Regards,
Alan

Hmmm....actually, I like the 3/4 profile. It's a bit different than all the other skull and crossbones, cross swords, crossed pistons type of 'pirate flag' logos you see out there. Sledges might be cooler, but I think if the porportion of the claw hammer heads to the handles was more to scale, I think the clawheads might work.

Allan

I like how it looks handprinted... I suspect youa re just using a sketch to later be fixed up neatly on the computer, but the whole pirate bones, typewriter font seem cool as when they have that sketchy feel to them.

it looks great.

i'm not big on the font, but the skull is badass and the hammers are a good idea. the font would look better as some wild handwriting IMO, not cursive. something to capture the personality of the hammerhead ;)

Cool man. got that home made tatoo look that a lot of my old friends try and have removed later in life.

GIusedtoBe said:

Regards,
Alan

I was thinking that also but with being a carpenter I thought putting a little of me into my Pirate Flag. I need to do some cleanup on the image but its a start!:ban: :ban: :ban:

i really like the design and the idea of your label. one thing that i noticed however that could use a little revising is the lower jaw of the skull. It doesn't quite seem extend quite low enough. There needs to be more of the lower jaw. However this is pretty minor and I think you could get away with out modifying.

Latest posts

Back