Periodic Table of Beer Styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norwegiangeek

Reaction score
Can you tell I like to post pictures on forums yet?

dRMby.png

Ooh, I like. I hope all that dark background looks OK printed on our crappy printer here at work. This'll look good on the wall.

How are people printing this out?? When I move it over to word to print, I can't read the information on the chart anymore. Very cool though.

Can someone help a complete tech noob on the best way to print a crisp copy of this???:D

Pretty cool, but shouldn't they be listed in increasing OG or something? A major component of the actual periodic table is the listing by atomic number.

How are people printing this out?? When I move it over to word to print, I can't read the information on the chart anymore. Very cool though.

Can someone help a complete tech noob on the best way to print a crisp copy of this???:D

PC Im assuming? Right click, the jpeg once you save it. The third option is print. It will probably bring up the default Microsoft printing dialogue. Go through the Wizard it brings up. That should work better than bringing it into Word. If you have any sort of photo editing program, print it from that.

Pretty cool, but shouldn't they be listed in increasing OG or something? A major component of the actual periodic table is the listing by atomic number.

I think it's a choice you have to make when adapting the periodic table of elements to a completely different set of data. The gravities generally do increase as you go down the columns and left to right, but there are exceptions that help maintain a better overall order, like having Belgian Pale in the same row as American Pale and Ordinary Bitter.

One of the catalog houses, sorry but I forget which one, has a T-shirt like this that says "Beeriodic Table".
I've been threatening to buy one.

Might've been Midwest.

i have a similar chart in a poster size framed. you can get it here.
http://mantisdesign.com/periodic-table-of-beer-styles

I have this one too in very large format. It is black/white but huge. 2mb file. I printed yesterday at work on our plotter. Here is the site I got it from

http://www.beersforengineers.com/BeerPeriodicTable.jpg

I went to the above mentioned site (mantisdesign) to purchase one and they do not have any. Something with the publisher. They are having troubles reproducing it. I searched other places and could not find one to purchase.

Your table just improved my Doppelbock. It's 1.028 FG was previously out of range everywhere I looked but now I can RDWHADB.

Saw it on digg.

dRMby.png

Missing a few styles to say the least, and a couple of styles aren't really distinct styles but I liked it. I also don't understand how some of the styles in the mixed category ended up there.

Back