OK to store equipment with sani-brew in it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Dub

Reaction score
Is it OK to store my primary and carboy sealed with about 1/2 an inch of sani-brew solution in the bottom when not in use? It is only for one week at a time and is mainly to reduce the smell. I'm just worried that the sanitizer will seep into the plastic and could affect the taste of the beer.

I personally would not go that long. The instructions say to only soak for a maximum of 2 days. I cannot say exactly what may happen as I have honestly never used this product, but I would always just stick to the manufacturer's directions when using a product like that.

Buckets will smell after some time. Dry them off after cleaning them thoroughly and just put the lid back on. All my buckets smell of previous batches. They don't smell bad... they just smell like beer.

Thanks. I don't mind the smell, I grew up with it as my Dad made his own beer, but other members of the household have complained of the garage smelling like a brewery.

Latest posts

Back