Brewing Today!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Whoo Hoo, I'm brewing today! It's a nice sunny morning and I just lit up the HLT for a 15 gallon batch of Wounded Knee IPA. I have some vacation days I need to use or lose and can't think of a better way to use one today.

I'll even get some work in on the Brewhaus later. :ban:

Sounds great Ed! I'm brewing tomorrow (Irish Draught) and running out to get my co2 tank filled today.

You know, 15 gallons of IPA sounds like heaven to me. That might even last me a whole week or two. :D

Getting ready to dough in. Gotta let the mash water drop a couple degrees in the cooler first. I find that it is easier to put hotter water in the cooler and let it cool to the right strike temp than to fix it later after doughing in. It also helps with the preheating.

Whoo Hoo, I'm brewing today! It's a nice sunny morning and I just lit up the HLT for a 15 gallon batch of Wounded Knee IPA. I have some vacation days I need to use or lose and can't think of a better way to use one today.

I'll even get some work in on the Brewhaus later. :ban:

You mean that thing isn't done yet? :D :D

Enjoy your brew session today!

I get one Friday, so hopefully it's not freezing ass cold. :mug:

Getting ready to dough in. Gotta let the mash water drop a couple degrees in the cooler first. I find that it is easier to put hotter water in the cooler and let it cool to the right strike temp than to fix it later after doughing in. It also helps with the preheating.

Most definitely! Especially this time of year here in PA when it's getting pretty damn cold.

Enjoy your session, mate!
I'm brewing up a Dubbel on Saturday, and smoking some pork ribs.

Pics or GTFO! :D

Recharging the camera battery right now.

Update: Borrowed SWMBO's Camera

Here's my simple setup. The 70 quart handled the 33# grain bill just fine.

DecBrewDay-A.jpg

This is my old hop bag holder designed for a Keggle. My new one should be here this week designed for this Blingmann 20 gallon kettle.
DecBrewDay-B.jpg

I keep my hop additions organized this way. The cups are light enough to weigh out my hops. Each one has 1.5 oz. of either Simcoe, Amarillo, or Cascade (3 oz. of each).
DecBrewDay-C.jpg

Haha, and until this post, we only called you a m*therf**ker after too much Apfelwein... :D

Wish I had vacation days to brew. Instead I'm slaving away. :mad:

Yeah, use it or lose they say. Time for another Summit ESB. :mug:

16 gallons of Wounded Knee IPA is chillin right now. Time to drink a cold one and clean up a little bit and get my buckets sanitized and ready.

It's been a nice sunny relaxing day. SWMBO came down the driveway on one of her horses after a ride and could not believe the aroma of beer brewing wafting up the driveway to the street. She said is smelled wonderful. Life is good.

Back