How quick to your beers clear up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
Mine don't seem to be clearing up in 3 weeks time when bottle conditioning. I ferment at 67 degrees and then bottle condition in the dark at room temp (72 degrees) but don't really see the beers start to clear till they have been in the bottle for a month or more.

Just curious what results others get.

How much Irish moss should be used? I do 3 gallon batches in my brew pot then top off to 5 gallons in fermenter of course.

I would say chill haze but you say the beer is warm. I agree, did you put Irish Moss in? I use two Whirlfloc tablets per 3 gallons (2 per 5 gallons is recommended). I remember using a clarifying agent that came from marine fish (?) that worked like a charm on my hard cider. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're entering a competition; if it tastes good, there you go, but I usually get chill haze so I've gotten used to cloudy beers.

Back