Kegging newbie splitter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nat168

Reaction score
Okay, this is probably a really dumb question, but here goes. I just got my keezer set up, with the plan that I will eventually run four kegs. I purchased a 4-way splitter for the above purpose (will run off one regulator). However, at the moment I only have two kegs- can I run them off the splitter and turn the other two valves off, or will it distribute gas to all four regardless?
Thanks,
Natalie

Yes, just turn the extras off.

Yes. One thing I'd add, though. Go ahead and run the gas line, and put the gray QDs on. You can coil them up, out of the way. The reason is this- in my system, sometimes I turn off and on the wrong valves. :drunk: I have them labelled and everything- but even so I open #3 instead of #4 and wonder why no gas comes out.

Now you're probably a LOT smarter than I am, but if you do that without the line/disconnect on, the gas will drain really fast. If the QD is on, no gas comes out if it's not hooked up.

I hope I"m explaining that well.

I put labels from my label maker on the splitter, and corresponding wraparound labels right on the end of the gas line. That way no matter how much beer I've had, it's quick and easy to see which line I'm turning on and off.

I use color coded zip ties on all lines. Beer and gas. The keg gets one when it gets put online.

Staying on topic...yes, you can simply close the valves on the unused gas lines. Having fittings on them is an extra precaution against lost gas, as they also function as valves when not connected.

Back