Apfelwein change!!??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbshen41

Reaction score
I'm new to the cider game and was wondering if anyone has made a apfelwein using any other juice besides apple?? If so what kind and how did it turn out?? Also do you recommend adding priming sugar before bottling??

I make apple wine (cider) and add other juices or berries for flavor. Pom, blackberry, raspberry, peaches, cranberry, strawberry to name a few.

MarkKF said:
I make apple wine (cider) and add other juices or berries for flavor. Pom, blackberry, raspberry, peaches, cranberry, strawberry to name a few.

So if I decided to do this I would maybe just substitute a gallon of apple for pomegranate?? Also do you find it necessary to use a yeast neutralizer

I have not tried anything, but if you read some of the original thread, yea it is long, people use different juice all the time. Pretty much anything that is 100% juice will work. You can switch one or more gallons of apple with pretty much anything.

Latest posts

Back