Brandy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briar pipes are God's gift to humanity.

I had a great tobbaconist in my town in college and really enjoyed it i started fighting forest fires and had to stop opened a old box and there it was.

I have never really tried brandy before i dont know what to look for and its intmidating

I had a great tobbaconist in my town in college and really enjoyed it i started fighting forest fires and had to stop opened a old box and there it was.

I have never really tried brandy before i dont know what to look for and its intmidating

Seriously - try the E&J XO. The raisins and caramel are outstanding and at $15 for 750 ml you can't beat it. Goes great with a pipe of your best - whatever your pleasure.

Seriously - try the E&J XO. The raisins and caramel are outstanding and at $15 for 750 ml you can't beat it. Goes great with a pipe of your best - whatever your pleasure.

Hmm might have to pick up a bottle what kind of glass should it be drank out of?

i am hoping sarcasm? quick google and tulip glasses are preffered according to the intranets

Please when reading my post.. even more so when this late in the hour is that everything should be taken with a grain of salt. I once had some very nice Johnny Walker that I actually, for whatever reason, took actually in a shot glass. My body told me and the floor that nice scotch should be drank properly... and not inhaled.

Another nite of Remy Martin VSOP. A new pipe (Dr Grabow) and new tin of tobacco. Blue Note this time. I am loving the hint of coconut from the nose.

Had a taste of the XO yesterday. Tastes like straight up maple syrup. Second time I've had brandy, first time was some cheap nasty crap.

My brain must be hard wired to think in terms of 750 ml because I always forget they make anything smaller. My liquor cabinet doesn't contain anything smaller. Good idea though.

My brain must be hard wired to think in terms of 750 ml because I always forget they make anything smaller. My liquor cabinet doesn't contain anything smaller. Good idea though.

Yeah. In reading up on Brandies I saw several warning about the E&J (I still want to try it). Then after the sticker shock of a fifth of some of these brands............

Pints will do for the pricier stuff.

Got a bottle of the Asbach 15 year. And a bottle of Taylors 40 year. And a airline bottle of Hennssey Priveledge.

Gonna be a fine nite.

Got a bottle of the Asbach 15 year. And a bottle of Taylors 40 year. And a airline bottle of Hennssey Priveledge.

Gonna be a fine nite.

I took your advice and bought a half pint (that's what we used to call them in the old days anyway) of Hennessey. I guess it'll be a brandy Friday night.

Yeah lah. Saya suka dulu. Ini lain. Bau bagus. tapi rasa tak sama.

Bila habis ini bottle. Saya akan beli E&J XO.

I have yet to break into the Port. Not sure why. Had that sampler of the Hennessey and I wasn't impressed. In fact, I backsweetened it with Torani Peach syrup..

PS: My melayu is poor. I hope I didn't just insult your wife. Indonesian right?

Yeah. Okay SummerS. Got myself a small bottle of the E&J XO and Wow. Just Wow.

Remy Martin, Hennessey, Asbach, & Arnac have all been a bit too "hard" for my taste and I have alway felt compelled to mix it to make it palateable. But the E&J XO is sweet and smooth enough to drink neat. What's more a full fifth can be had for the price of a mere pint of the pricey stuff.

Good stuff my friend.

Back