Greetings from Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aqudoc

Reaction score
New to Homebrewing and chanced on this site for handholding. 1st attempt a European lager from a kit, now in secondary 4 weeks. 2nd attempt to clone japanese lager 'Asahi', in secondary for 10 days. I know I know, start w/ an ale...

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find more than enough info. Everyone is very helpful.
Did you use lager yeast.....if so what temp are you holding it at?

I used a dry yeast in the kit for the english pils. and activated it in warm water as directed then pitched and left indoors for 24hrs. Then moved to the garage where it's been btwn 40 -55 degrees. Brought it in after 7 days let sit for 24 hrs a room temp then racked to secondary glass carb and back to the garage where the temp. held again btwn. 40-50 ...until yesterday! which is what I've been researching here this afternoon before posting the question, "My garage is warming w/ the weather. I'm going to look at a used freezer to put my carbs in TOMORROW, but it's 75 TODAY. Are my 10 gallons of lager ruined?" The Asahi I pitched Wyeast activator, basically followed the recipe from Clone Beers. Same process but and sat in primary for 9 days before coming in 24 hrs and racked into the glass carb.

Welcome, aqudoc. What part of Oregon are you from? I grew up in Hillsboro and lived in Waldport for 6 years before moving to Arizona. Let us know how we can help you out.

Welcome, aqudoc. What part of Oregon are you from? I grew up in Hillsboro and lived in Waldport for 6 years before moving to Arizona. Let us know how we can help you out.

Thanks for the welcome flyboy...experienced w/ lagers? Maybe you can help w/my question above about the temp's going up around here, am I sunk?

Thanks for the welcome flyboy...experienced w/ lagers? Maybe you can help w/my question above about the temp's going up around here, am I sunk?
I do lagers here in AZ in the winter when the temps get down to the 50's. In the summers, I tend to brew ales indoors. I never brewed in Oregon so I don't know when the best time would be there.

Back