Back on that horse!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfat

Reaction score
I've brewed an average of a little over once-a-month for the last 3+ years. My last brew day was a "hell" day. I don't even remember what all happened, but the main thing was the bulk-head fitting that the valve on my kettle is installed in was cracked. I discovered this halfway through the sparge, scrambled to fill a different container, then use my HLT as my kettle.

Anyway! After that, I was just not in the mood (besides it taking me two weeks to source another bulkhead...they don't exist in Wyoming apparently). To add insult to injury, that brew (and the previous one) had a tannin problem that I've never had before. I'm sure it's due to my over-faith in 5.2 and a faulty thermometer. I haven't been butt-hurt about these things either, but I just have not felt the urge. My last brew day was mid-October, and my beer is almost all gone.

So, the day after Christmas my buddy is helping me build a single-tier stand (after all, my three-tier is almost a year old...time to update!). It dawned on me how soon it was coming and I got inspired! I went to the LHBS and got all I needed for my next three (four?) batches and ordered 80# of base malt from Austin Homebrew Supply.

I once again feel the "itch"! I was actually worried that I'd totally lost my passion, but it was just on hiatus. :rockin:

FWIW, Here's my plans for the next brews:

Strong American Wheat (first runnings)
Berliner Weiss (second runnings)

Trippel (my first belgian...don't know what took so long, I've been at this over ten years!)

Schaefer Haus Stout (I love this stuff...it started as a Guinness clone and evolved..still simple, though)

And, what the heck! I'll do more of my Haus Pale Ale, I have a ton of Chinnook and Citra just for this beer!

:ban::ban::ban:

Anyone else ever fall off the horse, and then take awhile to re-find their passion?

Hey bro welcome back! Brewing is an addiction all in itself. :cross:

I spent about a year living in China, and was unable to brew (due to constant travel within the country, and lack of material/equipment). After I returned home to the states, I was so worn down from traveling, and readjusting to life back home that I didn't brew for about 4-5 months after returning. So all together I had around a year or slightly more off the horse. Never to late to return to sweet lady brew though. ;)

Back