Google Latitude

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So does anyone here have google latitude? I signed up and am currently mapped, but am not to sure I like the idea. Anyone here use it, were there good or bad results?

A friend and I were talking about this very subject yesterday. I liken it to Facebook and the other social media things going on. It is a great tool for some things but also has great potential for abuse. I'm not sure my friends need to know I'm at the proctologist's office. But there have been times where I missed meeting up with people who were at an event when I was there too. My approach for now will be to leave it off unless I'm going somewhere I might meet the couple of friends who also have it. I think it would be good for groups at theme parks (or beer festivals) to keep tabs on each other and if my kids were old enough to have cell phones I think I'd have them turn it on so I could abuse the system :) I have thus far resisted the urge to have my guys at work enable it on the company blackberries because I know some would balk and I haven't completed evil overlord school yet. (I might also learn things about them I didn't want to know.)

Back