And I'm Off.....to Portland, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crzynate25

Reaction score
So me and SWAMBO are taking a trip out to Portland to visit some friends over the holiday. And Since this is my first time to the west coast (live in PA), was wondering if any one had suggestions on what to drink. I know there are a bunch of beers we can't get over here in the east coast and want to get my hands on them!

There is so much to see and do beer wise out here. How long are you staying? Where are you staying? This may help pin down a few must sees instead of giving you a whole big list. Will you be here this weekend?!? The annual Spring Beer & Wine festival is this weekend and should totally be on your list if you're here.

Well, I was given a wonderful recommendation for Portland which is in the heart of the Pearl District: Henry's 12th Street Tavern. Excellent food, HUGE bar with something like 100+ beers on tap, and a nice atmosphere: Henry's Tavern.

Also, there is a rogue pub in the pearl too: Rogue Ales

Kilted: I am staying right in the heart of portland, basically across the water from the Convetion Center and then headed out to the coast, to lincoln city then up to Astoria and finishing up our 9 day trip in Mt Hood. And I am 100% going to the Spring Beer and Wine Feastival. Twoheads: I believe I am staying realtively close to Henry's, sounds like a fun place to spend an evening.

Well, you have to hit Pelican in Pacific City on your way up the coast. Great beer and great food.

One important note: The driver is NOT allowed to have any Stormwatch. Seriously.

Or hit Golden Valley Brewpub in McMinneville. It's right off the 99W, which is the shortest route from Portland to Lincoln City (although I5 to Salem and 22 to Lincoln is a tad faster).

Which holiday by the way? Us retired folks lose track.

Thanks David for the Restaurants and the Driving instructions since we are headed from Portland and going to Lincoln and wasn't sure how I was going but now I do! :) We are headed out over the Easter Holiday. :D

I was in Portland this past weekend for HWMBO's birthday (I told him I'd buy him all the beer he can handle. Dang that's a lotta freaking beer!). We managed to hit 7 brewpubs/breweries all within walking distance. Henry's 12 St is very close to where we were. We actually passed it a few times, but didn't go in because we know the beer is good there.

The list is this, and in this order:
Deschutes, 210 NW 11th Ave
Rogue Brewery, 1339 NW Flanders St
Bridgeport Brewery, 1313 New Marshall St
Lucky Labrador, 1945 NW Quimby Street
New Old Lompoc, 1616 NW 23rd Avenue
Laurelwood Pub, 2327 NW Kearney Street
Blue Moon Tavern, 432 NW 21st Street

If you throw all those places in google maps, you'll have a great tour of the area and you'll drink some fantastic beer and nom some great food.

Rogue has Kobe beef burgers, chili, and hotdogs. I love their food.

Lucky Labrador has great atmosphere; they serve pizza and all their tables are set up kinda family style. It seems like a cool place to bring kids if you have them.

Latest posts

Back