Fathers Day Brew Anyone??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
To take advantage of my SWMBO hall pass for fathers day I am going to try a simple recipe for a IIPA.
14.5# 2-row
1.0# flaked rye
1.0# flaked wheat
mash at 152 for 90 minute
Hops
1.0oz Warrior @60
0.5oz Warrior @30
1.0oz Cascade @20
1.0oz Cascade @10
0.5oz Warrior @5
0.5oz Cascade @5
0.5oz Cascade @ Flameout
SafAle 05 yeastcake

Sounds yummy.I will also be brewing an IPA for fathers day.It will be later in the day as I apparently want to go see Kung Fu Panda...

I received an early Father's Day Present; A brew kit. I'm back after a 20 year hiatus! Come Back brew scheduled for Father's Day, looking forward to it.

No brew but I'm picking up a 50lb sack of two row on sunday. Specialty grains and about a lb of hops are on their way. I'll have a belated brew day later in the week. Only because I know it's what the kids would want me to do.

Brewing today with the kids....
My take on a rogue smoked ale
7# 2 row
1.5# cherry wood smoked malt
1# Munich
1# c60°
6 oz carfa
American ale yeast

Pale ale and Berliner Weisse.

I get to try out my new false bottom (thanks jaybird).

what does your berliner weisse recipe look like, if you don't mind. I've been looking to brew one for a while.

I've read German Wheat Beer by Eric Warner and would love to brew some thing close to authentic.

what does your berliner weisse recipe look like, if you don't mind. I've been looking to brew one for a while.

I've read German Wheat Beer by Eric Warner and would love to brew some thing close to authentic.

Authentec? We'll see.

Style: Berliner Weiss
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size (fermenter): 12.00 gal
Boil Size: 15.09 gal
Bottling Volume: 12.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.029 SG
Estimated Color: 2.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 4.9 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Boil Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
6 lbs White Wheat Malt (1.7 SRM) Grain 1 52.2 %
5 lbs 8.0 oz Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 47.8 %
1.25 oz Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 3 4.9 IBUs
1.0 pkg Lactobacillus Delbrueckii (Wyeast Labs # Yeast 5 -
2.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) Yeast 4 -

God damn right I'm brewing tomorrow.

I'm doing NBs Sinistral Warrior IPA, with an extra ounce of Warrior on standby for a dryhop.

SWMBO has been bitching at me about how much my work boots have been stinking up the garage lately (it is summer!) so I get a new pair tomorrow morning. Then shes taking the boy and heading to the LHBS to grab me a new 3 piece airlock while I brew. Then for dinner its steaks on the grill with my mom, her gma/gpa and father. Should be a good day.

I'm brewing with the new 16 gallon SS kettle that was a present from her and while I'm converting/boiling I'll be reading "Designing Great Beers" that was also an early present. There will also be Season 3 of Breaking Bad and a bag of Hot N Spicy pork rinds on the kitchen table when I wake up. I love Fathers Day

I'm actually mashing in right now.My daughter is taking me to the movies then to a local brewpub for a late lunch!!!

Doing an oatmeal stout and a 60/ hopefully I can have my kegs here in time so I don't have to bottle.

I've got to get the dressing going for my whole grain pasta salad. Going to make some bbq burgers,they're great smoked. We also have two beers ready,her krystallwit,& my APA. Should be good...

Latest posts

Back