What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I aint no hipster. I cant even fit in skinny jeans haha ;)
Haha all my jeans are "skinny" because I'm not. :D
Right across from the USS North Carolina! Looks cool lit at night and is an interesting 1 to 2 hour tour in the daytime. The Dixie Grill has a good breakfast, but limited beer...hot, tattooed waitresses and a good Eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes and Vidalia onion gravy.

If you head west a couple hours towards Raleigh/Cary, Hello and I can point you towards some good breweries/bars/bottle shops. I'm headed to Orlando in December...have to find some J'ai Alai and other Cigar City brews...or get recommendations.

Drinking last little bit of Fortnight Porter.

Yes! We'll drink with you! Matt, I'll be putting in my CCb order, just so you know.

HB chocolate coconut stout.

Dude. You played Oregon Trail as a kid... You got this!!

Drinking Fuller's London Porter. It's a porter night for sure.

Hahaha yep. Not too much though. I think playing the grand theft auto series will help me more. :D

I remember one night when my son was about 3 and got up out of bed. I went upstairs to tell him to go back to bed and he stared at me. He turned around, walked back to his bed and said that his stomach hurt, then projectile vomited all over his bed. The look of horror on his face was hilarious as he had never puked before haha

Hahaha yep. Not too much though. I think playing the grand theft auto series will help me more. :D

I remember one night when my son was about 3 and got up out of bed. I went upstairs to tell him to go back to bed and he stared at me. He turned around, walked back to his bed and said that his stomach hurt, then projectile vomited all over his bed. The look of horror on his face was hilarious as he had never puked before haha

Haha we are all amazed at projectile vomit

Attachments

• 1414027024010.jpg
    1414027024010.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 55
I was expecting this to be more sour, but thinking about it, I suppose being too sour or too hoppy would not be good. This one has a really nice balance with just a touch of red wine notes from the barrels.

CameraZOOM-20141022211411326.jpg

so I have about 3oz of mixed hops. I've been saving all my left overs (1/4oz here 1/2oz there) of various breeds. I think I'm gonna do a pale with them.

Do it. I just dry hopped a pale like that and it turned out great. Maybe use 2-3 oz of something else throughout the boil and dryhop as well to tie everything together.

so I have about 3oz of mixed hops. I've been saving all my left overs (1/4oz here 1/2oz there) of various breeds. I think I'm gonna do a pale with them.

I do Same thing all the time and then I brew what I call a freezer cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Found this in the cellar. Had one fresh and it was amazing. Decided to age one, didn't record when I bought it, but it's a 2012 beer. Definitely better fresh. Still good but may have held on to it a bit too long. Wish we could get Terrapin beers out here in the West. This was the only one I have ever seen.

GO GIANTS!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414029011.147705.jpg

My Bluebird Clone.

Hey man. Thanks to your direct comments about my "borish palate" and the new fascination with liquid yeast, such as English, see what you mean by flavor complexity. Brewing my first Roggenbier tomorrow. For what its worth, you've helped expand one home brewers horizons.

I think I'll join ya.

I was laying on my back holding my son up in the air, he was probably 8 months old at the time. My wife had just finished feeding him beets. They must have not sat well with him cause next thing I know they are all over my face and chest. That ranks right up there with the time he was sick and had explosive diarrhea. Yep....I got **** on.

Yep. That's what comes with having a kid. I've been peed on, pooped on, sneezed in my face, vomited on my face while laying down so it ran in my nose and on my lips, etc, etc, etc.

Yep. That's what comes with having a kid. I've been peed on, pooped on, sneezed in my face, vomited on my face while laying down so it ran in my nose and on my lips, etc, etc, etc.

Me too. I had to pick up my 3yo up from preschool yesterday, which I normally don't do (my mom is a board member at the school and takes him to and fro everyday). He saw me and said "daddy, I missed you so much all day". Makes all the poops and pukes more than worth it (face involved or not).

Having a sample, left from checking the FG on my muscadine wine. 16.01% ABV! Definitely young and hot...the wine, not me. Bottled twenty-six 12 oz bottles with oxygen absorbing caps, since I'm planning on sitting on them for a couple of years. (Thanks to Hello for picking those up for me!) Great color and clarity.

DSC05987.jpg

Lagunitas sucks from the 32oz bottles. This beer is so good and I'm def gonna reuse the bottles for my HB. I sat on a couple six packs of sucks for months since it was a seasonal and finished off the last of those a couple weeks ago and they sucked. Lost all hop presence and was all malt. just goes to show some beers not meant to be sat on.

I think it smoothed it out too much. Easy drinking but kinda looses the scotch ale

I agree. The nitro makes it seem like you are drinking chocolate milk. I think I am going to finish the last two nitros in my fridge and switch back to regular style.

Hmm... Think I just decided to brew up a scotch ale soon. I really like em. Can anyone point me at a favorite recipe?

Coffee. Skipped it yesterday and yesterday was weird and just plain off.

Back