hefeweizen question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickman6

Reaction score
i just finished my first all grain brew, everything went almost exactly as planned thanks to the information i found on this website, so thanks everyone! anyway, i made EdWort's bavarian hefeweizen exactly as the recipe reads. primary kicked off with a bang, but my question is there are all sorts of little things buzzing around in my fermentor, almost looks like coagulates of some sort. is this normal for all grain? or for the style? i batch sparged, using vorlauf method and everything was running clear into the brew kettle. should i have given the mash a protien rest? should i be worried? there is about an inch and a half of sediment in fermentor 4 days in to primary. did i screw up? thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

I noticed this as well when I switched to AG. It's just coagulated protein from the boil which will settle into the trub when fermentation is over. Nothing to worry about.

Wheat grains produce alot of these. My first two all grains had wheat in them and they looked like egg drop soup when boiling.

Back