What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36th anniversary today,wife can't drink anymore,boys don't want to...I'm all alone on this one. My first beer of the day,a Berlin wheat. Savin some of my last 6 Maori IPA's to go with that steak,corn,& jalepeno poppers for dinner. Bbq pit starts at 2pm,since corn & poppers will smoke for about 2 hours with some pecan chunks. I hope probetalk member girl has some good news for me later about some parts as well.

Today's haul:
GF Rayon Vert
Stillwater Cellar Door
A Pumking
And a JP la parcela

Can't wait to get home.
Y'all are not a good influence.

chef273b said:
Today's haul:
GF Rayon Vert
Stillwater Cellar Door
A Pumking
And a JP la parcela

Can't wait to get home.
Y'all are not a good influence.

Vintner?

Fuller's ESB...its research for my upcoming ESB...I told the wife I needed it, its important. :drunk:

well,with cleanin out the pit,I'll be over an hour late,but more drinkin time till I get to the point where steaks go in with dry rub.

Still workin on 2 batches of Berlin wheat,savin the last 6'r of Maori IPA for 36th anniversary bbq dinner. Love the smell of the pit bbq when drinkin home brew...:cross:

Bengal Lancer (they were in a 3 for £5 deal)

ForumRunner_20130827_204054.jpg

It's really good. I like Fuller's anyway (London Pride...), but I hadn't had this before Sunday. I'm happy to have a proper IPA from them!

Thanks. I used to love hard iced tea. Pretty good stuff. Man that pecan smoke is smellin good. got the door open with a fan on me...it's pickin up that fine smell from the pit. I need another beer...:mug:

chef273b said:
Yes. First time in there. Very nice.

My go to bottle shop. Looking forward to ten more lines and growler fills. They should be having an Allgash event soon.

image-1983020995.jpg

Down to the last few Motueka bíere de mars. Glad I didn't bottle this with the brett strain I had at the time.

Poking around in the cellar, I realized I'm short on drinking beer. Trying to think of something besides my standard saison to brew that will be ready in a month and having a hard time.

First taste from Bug County batch #1 brewed 12-31-12

image-3460413275.jpg

image-1964623428.jpg

Lots of lemon, green apple, and under ripe peach. Surprisingly little funk, fairly clean. Some slight sulphur possibly, not getting any other objectionable flavors or odors. I'll wait til New Years to try it again and add some cantillon brett if it still seems short on funk.

Drinking on this while I unpack this monster maw smash from samuraisquirrel. Looks like this homer/villager is about to find out what New Glarus is all about ;)

image-2630919586.jpg

image-2518675652.jpg

Drinking a Hoptimum while I wait for 4 batches of brew to clear and be bottled.

Harpoon IPA clone
American Blonde APA
Golden Ale APA -
Oktoberfest
The last was supposed to be a Sam Adams Oktoberfest clone that came out a bit too dark, it will go into my 5 gal whiskey barrel to age, becoming a new batch of Kentucky Bourbon Ale

On Deck:
Hoptimum
Centennial IPA

My English Dry Cider. Even though just been bottled a few days everyone keeps getting better. Big apple aroma and nice crisp apple flavor. If this strain can turn Meijer apple juice into this there's lots of potential there

ForumRunner_20130827_172643.jpg

MrNickVT said:
Drinking on this while I unpack this monster maw smash from samuraisquirrel. Looks like this homer/villager is about to find out what New Glarus is all about ;)

Have you had upright? Great stuff. How's the intense red?

image-2758761665.jpg

White peach Berliner.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
My English Dry Cider. Even though just been bottled a few days everyone keeps getting better. Big apple aroma and nice crisp apple flavor. If this strain can turn Meijer apple juice into this there's lots of potential there

Did you use WL? I might try it for my next cider.

Did you use WL? I might try it for my next cider.

Yeah. And it was a free vial I got from lhbs because it was "expired" made a starter and worked like a charm. It floccs like nothing I've ever seen. Formed little rocks on the bottom of carboy. Totally cleared out in primary.

after 11 hours of leaning over hot steel & welds all damn day, I'm having my Helles. I might have my Mosaic Rye IPA after that. maybe more water in between. I don't thing 3L was quite enough today.

Wasn't expecting to see this at the bottle shop today.

Not what I was expecting, but I actually enjoy it quite a lot.

20130827_175429_HDR_zps567ae055.jpg

That beer is surprisingly good. I would never imagine an IIPA with 530 working.

Back