What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Thanks Jerry! Really good beer, very fruity brett with minimal funk. Wish I had 6 more to see how it develops over time. The cage was twisted about 4 extra times which was a challenge and as soon as I stopped expecting it, the cork rocketed out.

Love that meringue head on a brett beer.

Yeah, the cages are a b!tch to get off, but the beer is very good. I need to throw a Marshall 5 in for ya, I think you'd like it, a lot (I sure do). The Wild Brew is getting really hard to find lately (they only put it out once a year), but I still have a few sources for it, if you want more for your cellar.
Still drinking Shiner Bock, and watching Event Horizon on my computer...

Well, the powers that be have changed their minds and are flying us halfway across the country instead if cramming us guys into a tiny fookin minivan.

So to celebrate, this:

image-449864463.jpg

And while at the local Giant Eagle I was presented with this:

image-2865520856.jpg

I HAD to buy a couple. How could I not?!

Yeah, the cages are a b!tch to get off, but the beer is very good. I need to throw a Marshall 5 in for ya, I think you'd like it, a lot (I sure do). The Wild Brew is getting really hard to find lately (they only put it out once a year), but I still have a few sources for it, if you want more for your cellar.

I would love another wild brew or two. I had that Marshall Black IPA with a bunch of guys from my homebrew club. Everyone liked it (and that was after a bunch of aged bareleywines and old ales) and the label got a good looking over from everyone.

Well, the powers that be have changed their minds and are flying us halfway across the country instead if cramming us guys into a tiny fookin minivan.

So to celebrate, this:

Holly sheet man!

So to celebrate, this:

What the holy crap!

tyzippers said:

I wonder if they stocked enough Pumking...

I'll see what I can do then. I have 3 Marshall 5's in my cellar; I'll send you one (it needs a couple months of age on it, before it hits it's peak though).

tyzippers said:

So to celebrate, this:

Where are you going in Oklahoma (if I read your earlier post right)? If you're gonna be around Tulsa, you should really check out Biergarten in Jenks. It's one hell of a good bottle shop.

Go watch the 1999 national championship and let me know how your brew tastes afterward. :D

Duck Fuke!

I think we need to come to an understanding: I don't like sports, sports teams, franchises, the athletes of said organizations, or any kind of propaganda or merchandise of any and all herein. what I do like is being a smart mouth and picking on one person from time to time when I'm not being a general smart mouth. now give me free Heady Topper.

Trying one of the remaining few bottles of my dark American lager with German lager yeast. Getting a little long in the tooth at this point.
This glass seems to always make every pour look like a drunk pour.

image-2356598206.jpg

image-2625458564.jpg

So to celebrate, this:

I hate you.

Drinking this.

ForumRunner_20130827_181321.jpg

I think we need to come to an understanding: I don't like sports, sports teams, franchises, the athletes of said organizations, or any kind of propaganda or merchandise of any and all herein. what I do like is being a smart mouth and picking on one person from time to time when I'm not being a general smart mouth. now give me free Heady Topper.

So what your saying is you let your mouth override your @ss sometimes
:rocking: :ban:

*watching with judgmental eyes*

<Thunder Chicken stares back at DisturbdChemist over his 16 oz. Bud Light, crushes empty can, cracks another right in front of DisturbdChemist, thinking "Don't mess with me boy, last one who did that was last identified by his dental records">

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying one of the remaining few bottles of my dark American lager with German lager yeast. Getting a little long in the tooth at this point.
This glass seems to always make every pour look like a drunk pour.

You sayin I pour like a drunk? What can I say, I like head.

Cascade saison here, finishing up some pseudo dal tadka and lentil fritters.

jerryteague said:
Where are you going in Oklahoma (if I read your earlier post right)? If you're gonna be around Tulsa, you should really check out Biergarten in Jenks. It's one hell of a good bottle shop.

Yessir. Going to Tinker AFB in OK City. I guess that's not too far from Tulsa, but I'm not sure the company will let me take the rental that far...mileage and whatnot.

<Thunder Chicken stares back at DisturbdChemist over his 16 oz. Bud Light, crushes empty can, cracks another right in front of DisturbdChemist, thinking "Don't mess with me boy, last one who did that was last identified by his dental records">

It's important to have an acitve imagination...

tyzippers said:

So to celebrate, this:

Dafuq dude, I was looking for Pumking last week and couldn't find any yet...apparently because you got it all up there. :p

Having this delicious beer while waiting for a starter to cool so I can inoculate it with what I hope I have correctly identified as local yeast from my back yard.

20130827_201200.jpg

jerryteague said:

Are you referring to prairie?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

<watches the empty budlight can hit the grown and my native american friend sheds a tear. Walks over to the table sits down and says "what teeth?" Takes out his dentures and places on the budlight while opening a black butte 25>

Ps I do not have dentures.

I think if we ever meet it would be bad and I don't mean bad for us to meet but the people around us :rocking: :ban: :rocking: :ban: but I think we would have a foooking riot. more of my rise 'n' shine

Yet Billy has his BS anniversary excuse for NHC next year. Anniversary is every year, NHC in Grand Rapids is only only once.

Or as Yoda would say: Every year Anniversary is, once only Grand Rapids NHC will be.

I just finished a four pack of Double trouble. Im going to be hungover tomorrow and thinking god I should stop drinking. Then im going to rack my simcoe smash to secondary and dry hop and think god I cant wait to drink this.

Its a theme, it seems, since I was hungover when I brewed it.

drainbamage said:
Dafuq dude, I was looking for Pumking last week and couldn't find any yet...apparently because you got it all up there. :p

Hmmm...you have access to crooked stave?

tyzippers said:
Yessir. Going to Tinker AFB in OK City. I guess that's not too far from Tulsa, but I'm not sure the company will let me take the rental that far...mileage and whatnot.

I hear ya. You ought to at least check out Coop ale works in OKC, they have some decent brews (not as good as Prairie and Marshall, but close). Brick town is a good place to check out as well...

The acidity in this increases with time. Wondering what the 2011 bottles I passed on at a whole foods in the DC burbs would be like.

image-1918491960.jpg

Back