magic hat #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markg954

Reaction score
any one ever drink this stuff? its fruity but very good, and only available in the northeast US. i can't get it in florida and would like to reproduce it in my home.

Yeah I love this stuff. I have not seen this anywhere but the NE...Look around there are a few clones out there

We have it all over the place here in NC. Honestly, I can't say that I am much of a fan. I really don't like many fruit-flavored beers, so it isn't much of a surprise that #9 doesn't do much for me.

I like the stuff, but it's just a tad too sweet for me. Someone got me a growler of "odd notion" this past winter at the brewery. I think that's what they call whatever their current 'experimental' brew is. Wish I knew exactly what was. It a lot just like #9, except a little darker, and not as sweet. Perfect! They brew some good stuff up there.

Jeez....I was stationed in RI for a year.....and we drank Magic Hat and Newport Storm's beers like water....that's an awesome beer......lots of apricot......just don't try to swim across the channel at midnight during Great White breeding season.....;)

I should give Magic Hat another chance. I bought some when I was first getting into beers but didn't really like something about the flavor; can't remember exactly what. It was before I had developed a taste for hops, so that was probably it (it was also back when a pale ale was too bitter for me :))

I never liked it- but I don't like wheat or fruit beers. I didn't even recognized "that flavor" as apricot, just knew I didn't like it. The rest of their beers I tried were pretty good, though.

Is that why it is so sweet? I thought they were just cutting back on the hops due to the shortage without re-balancing the malt. :p I will have to give it another chance with the expectation that it is supposed to be a sweeter beer. It kind of freaked me out before and I switched over to their hI.P.A.

I am a big fan of some fruit beers, Weizenberry was at the top of the list for a while. I think from Widmer Brewing.

I've had #9 and am not a fan of it. There are a couple of Magic Hats brews that I really like but this one isn't one of them. Oh well. At least their brewery is cool!

Any brewery tour that starts with a gong is awesome in my book.

You also get to sample before and during the tour if you happen to have a full cup then the gong rings, all at no cost.

Just so everyone knows. If you were going to go for a tour you might want to wait till after Labor Day. They are adding on to the brewery and therefore not giving any guided tours until after its completion. I think their tasting room is still open!

Latest posts

Back