the one that got away

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrewski

Reaction score
So I found this three tap backbar on Craigslist, I'm on my phone so hopefully the pic upload works. The guy was asking 600, got him down to 500. This was yesterday but I was going to pick it up on Friday, his day off. I confirmed tonight and got his address. About an hour later he called me back and said a guy offered him 600, and I could still have it if i gave him that. I said "so what if i agree and then the guy offers you 700, do I have to meet that?". He then texted me back that the guy offered $750 so he did the deal with him instead.

Just please, if you are on homebrewtalk and bought this do me a favor and don't tell me.

ForumRunner_20121004_195758.jpg

ForumRunner_20121004_195808.jpg

Had myself all geared up for it, had the cash, arranged for help in picking it up, and worse, I committed to another brewer that it would be up and ready tomorrow to at least store some beer for an event coming up next Friday. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. Am I being an a**hole to blame this on the values that these younger kids have? This guy was right out of college.

Had myself all geared up for it, had the cash, arranged for help in picking it up, and worse, I committed to another brewer that it would be up and ready tomorrow to at least store some beer for an event coming up next Friday. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. Am I being an a**hole to blame this on the values that these younger kids have? This guy was right out of college.

Naw, you were done wrong. But don't blame "today's kids". There have always been guys like that.

Found a wine press on Craigslist, dual stage, needed refinished, but still pretty nice, ran out after work to meet him, was in my car, guy was asking $130. Got him down to $100, made a deal and shook hands that I'd have my parents (who have a truck) come get it the next day around noon and pay for it. They show up, nobody is there, after an hour waiting (in 100+ heat and no AC) they finally get hold of the guy who says "Sorry, after you left somebody else came by and my wife sold it for $80." WTF? Then he didn't even call me or email me saying it was sold. I was pretty pissed after that.

So I found this three tap backbar on Craigslist, I'm on my phone so hopefully the pic upload works. The guy was asking 600, got him down to 500. This was yesterday but I was going to pick it up on Friday, his day off. I confirmed tonight and got his address. About an hour later he called me back and said a guy offered him 600, and I could still have it if i gave him that. I said "so what if i agree and then the guy offers you 700, do I have to meet that?". He then texted me back that the guy offered $750 so he did the deal with him instead.

Just please, if you are on homebrewtalk and bought this do me a favor and don't tell me.

That's ****ed up. I've killed men for less. Not really, but still. Fresh out of college? Must not have been a business major. Or maybe he was... haha.

Now's the time for sour grapes. It was most likely cracked, particle board, or smelled like monkey butt.

Latest posts

Back