Hi everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotte9731

Reaction score
Today i got a brew kit as a gift, and my dad said I should talk to people who can brew better than he does, and sent me here. He brews awesome beer, so you guys must be pros. Lol. I hope I can learn to brew something that tastes better than bathwater, and with your help, I know I can.

Today i got a brew kit as a gift, and my dad said I should talk to people who can brew better than he does, and sent me here. He brews awesome beer, so you guys must be pros. Lol. I hope I can learn to brew something that tastes better than bathwater, and with your help, I know I can.
Take your time and try to read and understand the instructions before you start. If you have any questions, you’ll surely get plenty of advice here. Is it an equipment kit or ingredient kit or combo? Letting us know what you’ve got might help with useful suggestions.
It’s a great hobby. Good luck.

It's a big turkey fryer kit he got at academy like 15 years ago that pissed mom off with 2 eyes. lol... it has 2 HUGE barrels he made that he said are for soaking and boiling. I want to learn this art, and I'll be reading as much as I can about it.

We don't all brew our beer with the exact same procedures. So when you read through all the replies here and in other threads you have to understand the particulars of the methods that the person is talking about.

I'd recommend you just brew the beer by the instructions given by the kit. Don't get too caught up in things you read about us doing ourselves until you somewhat understand why we do that.

Just keep good notes on what you did. Even the mistakes you make along the way.

And when you ask questions here, remember that you'll get a lot of valid answers that might not be so valid for the way you brew.

Back