R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was think about brewing a @bracconiere beer and did some looking to see if I could find a complete recipe but only found partials.

1060 starting gravity, add gluco with the yeast to get a 8% final product. Could not find IBUs but he said his beers were malty and it seems like he used old bargain hops. Don't over do the hops it may make you dehydrated. ;)

I did find a more compete amber recipe he offered to compete with an AI generated recipe.

Honestly, this looks like a recipe that he would have posted in its entirety, with the exception of good grammar. That was the fun of his posts

I tried to search for threads made by Bracc in the recipes sections. Didn't find anything helpful.

Maybe someone should work up a recipe in honor of Bracc. Make it the cheapest 5 gallons possible, with the quickest grain-to-glass turnaround time. Bracc used to talk about brewing beer for some seemingly impossible cost of like $0.30/pint or something like that. Home-malted grain, reused yeast, etc.

Home-malted grain

...from the feed store.

IIRC, his latest batches were straight sugar washes with white table sugar. Our friend was not discerning in his beverage making.

Grab the least expensive sugar source you have on hand, blast through anything longer than a monosaccharide, and throw a high-powered well-flocculating yeast at it. Done.

Don't forget to calibrate your carbonation chart to the lunar cycle.

Y'all really want to honor him? Brew a batch of whatever beer you want to drink (good-naturedly f* all to anyone else's opinion) and gift someone an HBT membership on the same payday.

I'm so shocked and saddened. He sometimes (especially at the beginning)was a PITA for the mod team, but he was so "jolly" and well liked overall that we really liked him and his passion for the forum and the other members.

He is not the first one who left us (involuntarily) but he will definitely be remembered. I for one will really miss his antics.

Honestly, this looks like a recipe that he would have posted in its entirety, with the exception of good grammar. That was the fun of his posts
What he may have lacked in grammar he made up for in cypherin' and chemistry skills. He seemed plenty smart for having one third less schoolin' than Jethro Bodean.

Funny that a few of you mentioned grammar; when I read his posts, it was not uncommon for me to get confused, unable to figure out what he exactly he was trying to say. I'd shrug and move on.

I didn't interact with him directly, and I did not know him, but I will miss his presence; he was all over this forum since the day I joined. Condolences to his family and friends.

Maybe someone should work up a recipe in honor of Bracc. Make it the cheapest 5 gallons possible, with the quickest grain-to-glass turnaround time. Bracc used to talk about brewing beer for some seemingly impossible cost of like $0.30/pint or something like that. Home-malted grain, reused yeast, etc.
I have a Bracc tip: buy Lutra once and just rinse the FV until it looks clean. Even if you store it away for over a year it may spontaneously ferment the next batch. Or just reuse it intentionally. 😉 please don’t ask me how o know.

He was a good one. Weird as all get out with his relentles pursuit of ever cheaper hooch, but I really respected his contributions. An astute brewer and maltster for certain, and just a really brilliant guy. I brewed an oatmeal stout with a bag of oats he'd malted himself, imho it was a chewy, malty masterpiece. I wish I had a bottle left to pour out in his honor.

We know now that he was the last of his family; so this explains why no obituary or death notice. That makes me a bit sadder, but I like to think that we here at HBT were a like a bit of family to him. And all of the posts I'm seeing enforce that belief. He had the same first name as my husband's and my best friend, who also happens to live in the Southwest. And he's about the same age. Next time I see him I'm going to give him the biggest hug ever.

I thought he had siblings. I guess I don't know where I got that idea, though.

I thought death notices were legally required somehow, a holdover from pre-internet days where creditors needed to keep an eye on newspapers so they could make claims against an estate of someone in debt to them when they passed.

I thought death notices were legally required somehow, a holdover from pre-internet days where creditors needed to keep an eye on newspapers so they could make claims against an estate of someone in debt to them when they passed.
If there’s any kind of estate at all, there should be a death notice somewhere. It could have been the minimal required though, and who knows (well not me) what that is in New Mexico.

Was just checking in after a long break myself. Honestly, I was hoping to see what all I had missed from bracc. Always enjoyed his posts and the handful of interactions we had. I could tell he really got a kick out of being a part of this community. He was also generous in his own way. He bought me a supporting HBT membership one year just because we were chatting back and forth one night. I saw him do that for folks more than once. We'll sure miss you around here buddy.

I don't know that he left us any beer recipes? Make barley malt, mash, ferment dry with gluco, seemed to be his basic recipe.

I was think about brewing a @bracconiere beer and did some looking to see if I could find a complete recipe but only found partials.

I tried to search for threads made by Bracc in the recipes sections. Didn't find anything helpful.

He brewed a lot of cider at one point. He made no bones about it just being made from cheap juice but I was considering it just for a little batch.

...from the feed store.

IIRC, his latest batches were straight sugar washes with white table sugar. Our friend was not discerning in his beverage making.

Grab the least expensive sugar source you have on hand, blast through anything longer than a monosaccharide, and throw a high-powered well-flocculating yeast at it. Done.

Don't forget to calibrate your carbonation chart to the lunar cycle.

Y'all really want to honor him? Brew a batch of whatever beer you want to drink (good-naturedly f* all to anyone else's opinion) and gift someone an HBT membership on the same payday.
To you and anyone who wants to make a 'Bracc-brew' in honour, I too know that he got his grain from the elevator and malted it himself and used almost whatever hops he had on hand or could get quick and cheap..I know there were some hops he'd buy in bulk and find he didn't like much so they'd sit around forever. He was the master of the cheap-brew.
He did more or less share a 'recipe' with me in a PM. It is NOT Beer, but is an alcoholic beverage and it's pretty much as @DBhomebrew said: Table-sugar and any yeast on hand. He didn't give me any meaurements but he shared this:
and honestly it's not straight sugar water, i add a half gallon of orange juice to a keg.....actually pretty good to be honest, just kinda to easy to admit to, lol
I'm gonna try and scale that to a mini-keg for next April 2. Not looking forward to the headache that straight fermented table sugar gives me, but hey.. I miss him.

Maybe a proper Bracc-brew is just a SMaSH with generic, low cost two-row, whatever hops and ale yeast are on sale, and enough table sugar to get it the rest of the way to being potent, but without having difficulty sparging? Maybe to take it from 6% - 8%?

Might try to brew a really hoppy beer in honor of what I believe was the last thread he started.

OTOH,
this had like 4ozs/60, 8ozs/20, and 16ozs/170°f
so it's definitely going to be a small batch.

Whoever got his brewing supplies must be wondering what the hell to do with 88 lbs of 2016 crystal.

Sorry to hear this. It’s sad to think that he might have been the last of his family and to have passed at such a young age. We interacted a number times on here and it was always interesting. I’ll miss reading about his latest experiment and whatever was going on with the milk jugs. RIP

Most of his efforts were essentially hooch recipes. Bracc is remembered for his incredible persona that he created here, not his brewing. He was surprisingly technical, but he never tried to make "good beer".
Anyone believe in reincarnation? trying to achieve a cheap CO2 storage system

Finally found them back. One of my favorite bracc meme adjustments.

FB_IMG_1659642460037.jpg

They are required in probate cases, and often a good idea for certain non-probate (small) estates. It gives the estate some protection from creditor claims popping up much later, when the estate is being settled. Once published in a local newspaper, certain types of creditors with claims against the estate have a defined time period set by statute (typically 4 months) in which to make their claims. After that, their claims are barred forever. However, this statutory limitation does not apply to taxing authorities, and state/county medical assistance claims.

As for Bracc, I suppose someone could comb the legals sections of area newspapers near where he lived. But if he left a small estate (i.e., no real estate), his family might not have posted in the paper.

Someone who knows his real name might get more mileage out of the area obits. People search sites, like Zabasearch, Familytreenow, etc., might have info they've scraped from the Internet.

He lost his mom and was now living in the house that was once hers was my understanding.

The lack of any obit is really bothering me. So in denial thinking mode I wonder if he was as possibly social on any other forums, would he use the same screen name.. Different search sites give different results and one of many I tried was the AI bing chat thing.

I used two words as a search term question.
bracconiere beer.
Floored by what came back as a repsonse. Copy / paste below. All the "sources" seem to be this forum, so maybe nobody else bothered to write an obit, but collectively apparently we did with the help of AI. What is creepy is it is spot on. Copy below

Searching for: bracconiere beer

Bracconiere beer is not a brand or a style of beer, but a term that refers to the homebrewed beer made by a user named @bracconiere on a forum called Homebrew Talk123. Bracconiere was a passionate and eccentric homebrewer who liked to make his own malt from feed store grain, use cheap or old hops, and experiment with different yeast strains and sugar sources. He claimed to brew beer for very low cost, high alcohol content, and fast turnaround time. He also shared his recipes and experiences with other forum members, and sent some of his malt to other homebrewers for them to try.
Bracconiere beer was not meant to be a commercial product or a competition entry, but rather a personal expression of creativity and enjoyment. Bracconiere was well-liked and respected by many forum members for his enthusiasm, generosity, and humor. Unfortunately, he passed away in May 20233, leaving behind a legacy of unique and unconventional beers that inspired many homebrewers. Some of his beers include:
https://sl.bing.net/gNHegDu519o

He lost his mom and was now living in the house that was once hers was my understanding.

The lack of any obit is really bothering me. So in denial thinking mode I wonder if he was as possibly social on any other forums, would he use the same screen name.. Different search sites give different results and one of many I tried was the AI bing chat thing.

I used two words as a search term question.
bracconiere beer.
Floored by what came back as a repsonse. Copy / paste below. All the "sources" seem to be this forum, so maybe nobody else bothered to write an obit, but collectively apparently we did with the help of AI. What is creepy is it is spot on. Copy below

Searching for: bracconiere beer

Bracconiere beer is not a brand or a style of beer, but a term that refers to the homebrewed beer made by a user named @bracconiere on a forum called Homebrew Talk123. Bracconiere was a passionate and eccentric homebrewer who liked to make his own malt from feed store grain, use cheap or old hops, and experiment with different yeast strains and sugar sources. He claimed to brew beer for very low cost, high alcohol content, and fast turnaround time. He also shared his recipes and experiences with other forum members, and sent some of his malt to other homebrewers for them to try.
Bracconiere beer was not meant to be a commercial product or a competition entry, but rather a personal expression of creativity and enjoyment. Bracconiere was well-liked and respected by many forum members for his enthusiasm, generosity, and humor. Unfortunately, he passed away in May 20233, leaving behind a legacy of unique and unconventional beers that inspired many homebrewers. Some of his beers include:
https://sl.bing.net/gNHegDu519o
Wow. Just wow. And creepy as all get out, if you think about it. Tempted to search my own username but I'm afraid of what I'll find.

Wow. Just wow. And creepy as all get out, if you think about it. Tempted to search my own username but I'm afraid of what I'll find.

Whew... I'm safe:

"I found a user named Airborneguy on the Homebrew Talk forum1. He was an active member over 10 years ago and retired from brewing around 2012. However, he is considering getting back into brewing now that he has more free time and a larger house1. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any more information about him on the forum. If you have any specific questions about Airborneguy or Homebrew Talk, feel free to ask!"

RIP!

Running forums for so long now I've seen a lot of these posts and I've read multiple obituary's that reference their participation in certain online communities. It's humbling to know that their certain activity online means enough that their family knows it's a part of them. I hope my family includes a blurb about my love of Zombo.com.

RIP!

Running forums for so long now I've seen a lot of these posts and I've read multiple obituary's that reference their participation in certain online communities. It's humbling to know that their certain activity online means enough that their family knows it's a part of them. I hope my family includes a blurb about my love of Zombo.com.
NGL, zombo.com describes exactly how I felt when I joined HBT. Users here were so open and friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was positive and nurturing, and inspired confidence in me to grow as a crafter of drink. Bracc was one of the first to reach out as a friend, he serves as an anchor for me to this place, and he was among the countless others of us inspired to spread our figurative wings here in the friendly confines of zombocom.homebrewtalk.com

Edit: I waited for my wife to put her earplugs in for the night to share with her a link to zombo.com...

Let's just say, her enjoyment was well attenuated.

Last edited:
Back