Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, Someone posted a pic of their mom and nobody even said anything. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dang, Someone posted a pic of their mom and nobody even said anything. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

My mom's always been fond of wicked pissah winners like me, Teddy Ballgame and TB12.

She'd probably crack that bottle upside any loser Seahawks fan's melon who started talking smack.

Luv ya, Mom.

My mom's always been fond of wicked pissah winners like me, Teddy Ballgame and TB12.

She'd probably crack that bottle upside some loser Seahawks fan who started talking smack.

Luv ya, Mom.

I was going to make a joke about your mom, BUT I just spent the week in the pacific northwest for work and I would pay at least $100 to see your mom pummel some bearded/straight brimmed hat/rolled up jeans wearing wimp with a wine bottle.

The line for the game hasn't changed in 2 weeks. So the betters are split over who will win. Should be a good o' shootout. Can't wait.

I think I have a pretty good idea how it works. But I'm always willing to learn.

The Patriots opened as a 3 point favorite to win. Two weeks later the Patriots are still a 3 point favorite to win. This means that equal money is being bet on either side of the game. Otherwise the line would move. So betters are as convinced that the Falcons will win or at least cover the spread. At least that's how I think it works.

Equal money is being bet on the Pats winning by 3. If all bettors thought the Falcons and Pats had an equal chance to win the game (what you're suggesting), the line would be 0

The line hasn't moved because the bettors have simply consistently believed the Pats will win by 3 and no huge money has gone to either side enough to push the line one way or the other

It's the Super Bowl. Huge money is being bet today on both sides for sure. Betters don't set the line, Vegas does. Betters only move it.

It's the Super Bowl. Huge money is being bet today on both sides for sure. Betters don't set the line, Vegas does. Betters only move it.

No shti. That's what I just said.

Except you were suggesting that the stability of bets suggests the bettors think the Pats and Falcons have an equal chance of winning. That's not true. They think there is an "equal chance" that the Pats are going to win by three

No shti. That's what I just said.

Except you were suggesting that the stability of bets suggests the bettors think the Pats and Falcons have an equal chance of winning. That's not true. They think there is an "equal chance" that the Pats are going to win by three

The stability of the line shows that as many people are betting on the Falcons, as they are betting on the Pats. Those are the facts. How you want to interpret that is up to you. Cheers! ;mug;

Equal money is being bet on the Pats winning by 3. If all bettors thought the Falcons and Pats had an equal chance to win the game (what you're suggesting), the line would be 0

The line hasn't moved because the bettors have simply consistently believed the Pats will win by 3 and no huge money has gone to either side enough to push the line one way or the other

Glad to see someone understands betting...

To many losers think the line means what Vegas thinks the final spread will be. That's the farthest from the truth. It's not about Vegas hitting the spread...

The stability of the line shows that as many people are betting on the Falcons, as they are betting on the Pats. Those are the facts. How you want to interpret that is up to you. Cheers! ;mug;

Right. They are betting on the Falcons... WITH THREE POINTS.... not to win outright.

Whatta you retahded ah somethin'?

No, a balanced book is a myth.

Haven't checked lately, but as of a few days ago, the vast majority of money (~78%) was on the Pats.

I got 27-24 Pats.

I also predict the entire Patriots fan base will continue to show zero grace and respect through the entire thing.

No, a balanced book is a myth.

Haven't checked lately, but as of a few days ago, the vast majority of money (~78%) was on the Pats.

The sharps are betting heavy on the pats. Big money. If you're looking at total bets without regard to dollar amount, it's pretty even.

Right. They are betting on the Falcons... WITH THREE POINTS.... not to win outright.

Whatta you retahded ah somethin'?

I get it, you're a huge fan, totally invested in your team, and you wont stand for anyone suggesting that the Falcons might win. Got it, hope you'll be ok if the Pats don't win.

I got 27-24 Pats.

I also predict the entire Patriots fan base will continue to show zero grace and respect through the entire thing.

Your reverse jinxes never work.

And don't forget about the Pats winning next year too.

What D-line stud are the Pats going to grab with Clevelands's first round pick for Garapollo?

Back