What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice mill, hows the crush with it?

It does pretty good. If I were to compare it to a bag of crushed grain from morebeer, my husks are a little more abused but they have more flour. It was in a friends barn so I took a pound of grain over to see how it did, results were promising so I brought it home... Lots and lots of adjusting and trial and error later.... The thing I brought home to hold me off till I bought a roller mill has made me fifty or so batches and will last me at least as long as I keep batch sparging. It is an 1873 enterprise.... On semi permanent loan from a guy that is likely thankful for the extra space to put old car parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409586199.467289.jpg

First one of these... Don't think it will be the last.

Dog walked, it's hot as **** out there. Strike water nearly heated. India Red Ale on the way!
Bier de garde or on untappd I call it "I'm Keeping My Beer".
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409586528.621428.jpg

Whiskey is pretty strong but a very solid beer!
View attachment 221286

I think I need that. Not sure I have seen it in my distro though. We do get a decent amount of their beer.

Cleaning kegs. 4 down, six to go. Amazingly the hot pbw run through my keg cleaner has gotten rid of the soda scent in about 20 minutes.

Not that hot, but just shy of 100% humidity. This is the VA summer I know and loathe. Low ABV beers will be rocked in significant quantity, starting with my lawnmower pale.

Attachments

• 1409586932593.jpg
    1409586932593.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 1409586960222.jpg
    1409586960222.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 55
How does that compare to a normal old chub? Does it lose any bitterness?

View attachment 221349

Oh Yeah... This town is about to get bought out of these. How well do milk stouts age?

Yes it does. Really smooth. A little too smooth for my opinion but still tastey

I might give it a whirl. I generally don't get behind the nitro pours at breweries, always prefer the co2 version. I like my beer like I like my women. Dark and bitter.

Second pour of fff moloko, just as good as the first.

I couldn't agree more Hello. And Patrick, If you haven't noticed, most women seem to have some sort of fetish for pillows and shoes. I do not know why, but they seem to make them happy. If they are happy, we tend to be happier. Let them have their pillows. Though I also learned that there are couch pillows that cost $30 apiece. Now that is ridiculous. Can you guess what I sent back?

I recently got called out for my lack of shoe and accessory fetish. Not all women are like that, of course, but there's nothing more annoying than to have some guy tell me I'm not feminine enough because I think flip flops and Vans are acceptable footwear 99% of the time and I'm pretty minimal in my "decorating". Hah

Mashed in...looking at my next beer.

I recently got called out for my lack of shoe and accessory fetish. Not all women are like that, of course, but there's nothing more annoying than to have some guy tell me I'm not feminine enough because I think flip flops and Vans are acceptable footwear 99% of the time and I'm pretty minimal in my "decorating". Hah

Thats why I said most. Aint nuthin wrong with a woman that can relax and get dirty like the guys. Comfort is king, though there are definite bonus points if she cleans up nice as well.

Literally tearing up with laughter.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409590229.316835.jpg

Hydro sample of skeeterpee. It is at 1.010. I could stop fermentation now and be happy with the final product. How sweet is this stuff after you do the sugar add after fermentation?

View attachment 221354

Hydro sample of skeeterpee. It is at 1.010. I could stop fermentation now and be happy with the final product. How sweet is this stuff after you do the sugar add after fermentation?

Just back sweeten to taste. I do not like mine too sweet

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409590939.421199.jpghydro sample of apfelwein. I am on the fence. At 1.000, but a little yeasty. Only ten days since I pitched yeast.

View attachment 221354

I'm going to cut the sugar back on the batch I have going, made the first batch according to the recipe and it's pretty sweet.

I'm going to cut the sugar back on the batch I have going, made the first batch according to the recipe and it's pretty sweet.

Will you pit the whole 32 ounce lemon addition on the back side with less sugar?

I want another beer but have received a request for help in the shop from my father. Might need to switch to water through the rest of this brew.

Will you pit the whole 32 ounce lemon addition on the back side with less sugar?

I want another beer but have received a request for help in the shop from my father. Might need to switch to water through the rest of this brew.

You're supost to add the third bottle while it is still fermenting which I did, will probably use 4 1/2 to 5 cups sugar.

Thats why I said most. Aint nuthin wrong with a woman that can relax and get dirty like the guys. Comfort is king, though there are definite bonus points if she cleans up nice as well.

I lack the clean up nice. I just clean up. :D

Having a vessel issue here. Heated strike water in boil kettle...HLT is holding first runnings. Time to pretend to problem solve. I'll eat my sammich first.

Wobriens brett saison on brew day! Awesome beer but i should have given it some time for the brett to develop. Great work on this one Bill! Your RIS may be next :D
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409593535.824811.jpg

I lack the clean up nice. I just clean up. :D

Having a vessel issue here. Heated strike water in boil kettle...HLT is holding first runnings. Time to pretend to problem solve. I'll eat my sammich first.

Use a fermenter bucket. You will need to rinse and re-sanatize, but that should hold it at least temporarily. Or grab some other pots and pans and such. Its not like it is cooled wort yet.

Hahaha that cracked me up.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409593846.635326.jpg
My Rye Farmhouse. This is a terrible picture its much lighter in color. This is easily the most Belgian character I've ever gotten from a yeast. Credit the high fermentation temperatures which got up to 90°. Really tasty beer.

I have at least 30 pairs of shoes. 40 if you count flip flops

Half coconut rum 21% abv half lemonade 0% abv. Smacked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409595968.639374.jpg

This is mattmmille's Hi Nelson! Saison. Compared to mine on the right his is slightly less of a deep red but overall a tad sweeter. I have to say, mine has more of a wine tart and the muscatine grape he's talking about is more prevalent in his version. Overall, I prefer my color but I prefer his beer over mine. I really really loved mine until I got his. :)

Boiling my wort. Didn't hit my volume but came close. Think I'll hit my OG.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409597262.652356.jpg

Someone bring me a burger.

Latest posts

Back