What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some 12 black ops and Mexican cake left so 'blended' them. 2/3 cake and the rest ops. Results are delicious.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409614864.625482.jpg

Had to work but made the most of it today. Brewed a porter and a coffee milk stout. A Labor Day indeed!
View attachment 221489

Was gifted some Amish Bread from the wife's co worker. It seems to be basically a sour dough culture in a zip lock bag. I sorta dig it.

It reminds me of something from about 20 years ago that my mother got from a friend. Some kind of "200 year old friendship bread".

The concept being, you get a zip lock bag of dough from a friend with instructions. It asks you to add more ingredients to make it a larger batch, take about 20% of that and put it in a zip lock bag. Bake the bread from the 80%. You then take the 20% and divide it into smaller zip lock bags and give it to a few (3-5) friends along with the same instructions.

Since you never totally use it all, the story is/was that, this is some kind of infinity bread in that a small fraction of the "original batch" from like 200 years ago keeps getting passed along with every batch.

I don't remember eating it but, it's a pretty neat concept. Anybody ever hear of this?

It reminds me of something from about 20 years ago that my mother got from a friend. Some kind of "200 year old friendship bread".

The concept being, you get a zip lock bag of dough from a friend with instructions. It asks you to add more ingredients to make it a larger batch, take about 20% of that and put it in a zip lock bag. Bake the bread from the 80%. You then take the 20% and divide it into smaller zip lock bags and give it to a few (3-5) friends along with the same instructions.

Since you never totally use it all, the story is/was that, this is some kind of infinity bread in that a small fraction of the "original batch" from like 200 years ago keeps getting passed along with every batch.

I don't remember eating it but, it's a pretty neat concept. Anybody ever hear of this?

I am more curious about the 200 year old ziplock bag.

Mad hatter that I really don't need.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A friend from Germany asked to join me to brew Augusteiner Lagerbier Hell, a Munich Helles Lager earlier. I had never had the real thing. He liked the product of our effort although it was not too close to the real thing. Today he brought me a bottle of the genuine article direct from Germany. Very nice! Thanks Dieter!

10649544_10153115292767166_8190990879375836398_n.jpg

Another cup of coconut rum and lemonade just got consumed. Time to work out.

Wobriens RIS. This is the beer that made me brew an imperial stout. The oak on this has held on nicely. Thanks again for saving me one of these. Delicious! :)
View attachment 221395

Awesome, glad you're enjoying them. I'll have to see how the brett version of my saison develops and if it improves I'll hold one or two for you for next time.

More of my MoMoClone. This glass had some hop particles so the end is near for this keg.

This is mattmmille's Hi Nelson! Saison. Compared to mine on the right his is slightly less of a deep red but overall a tad sweeter. I have to say, mine has more of a wine tart and the muscatine grape he's talking about is more prevalent in his version. Overall, I prefer my color but I prefer his beer over mine. I really really loved mine until I got his. :)

Boiling my wort. Didn't hit my volume but came close. Think I'll hit my OG.

View attachment 221371

Someone bring me a burger.

Wow! That high praise...I'll take it! Thanks!!! I think I'll go grab a beer and celebrate!

Drinking Old Chub Nitro from mattmmille.

Fantasy draft starts at 9 and the ****ing dimwit thought it would be funny to have two starting QBs in a 12 person league. I almost want to tell him to go **** himself.

Wow! That high praise...I'll take it! Thanks!!! I think I'll go grab a beer and celebrate!

As you rightfully should. No, praise from me is basically like praise from someone who doesn't know beer but I truly enjoyed it better than mine. Glad I've nearly demolished the keg before I tasted yours AND I have a bomber left of yours...

That seems familiar from the mid 90's. It was a basic yeast bread.

Had hydro samples of my BGES (Belgian Golden Extra Strong [sitting at 14% atm]), Saison and Flanders Red. All are progressing nicely.

My parents got this for me when they went to the Rogue Creamery. It's actually really good. Better than I was expecting.

1409620689532.jpg

not my pic but I've drank a gauntlet of stuff today...

From my homebrew SWMBO Slayer Belgium blonde, my Mexican lager clone and a very good hard apple cider to now this jack o shandy.

Pretty tasty

1409621571356.jpg

Grilled some satay chicken skewers with peanut sauce and asparagus, also made some shrimp/chicken pad thai. Now enjoying a stone self righteous black ipa.

20140901_193549.jpg

HB rye pale ale. I wish I had made it clearer, but it's delicious none the less.

Back