Carbonation troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjr24

Reaction score
So I have had a couple problems kegging. I have done it 3 times so far, and I can't seem to get it to carbonate. I had trouble before because one of my barbs was wrong on the keg. I changed that out, but I still seem to be having some issues. I'm kegging right now but my beer still seems to be flat the last thing I can think of is maybe because I'm using a o2 regulator body and made it so it will work on my c02 tank would this cause problems?

Whats your carbonation process? For example...

After racking to the keg do you roll it for 10-15 mins then put it on the gas?

What pressure are you using?

How long are you waiting?

What temp is your fridge at?

Its hard to say without lookng at it or getting a fuller description of exactly what you are doing. I don't know about the regulator, I would think it would work - be the same thing. Does your regulator have a dial on it? Have you checked your keg for leaks? Use a spray bottle and spritz around the the connectors and the lid, if there are bubbles that means you have a leak and that could be your problem.

Another option is to naturally carb in the keg - add a priming solution when you rack the beer into the keg and then seal it up. If you don't have any leaks, in two weeks your beer will carbonated. Hook it up to the CO2 at that point, set the regulator to normal serving pressure (like 8 or so) and you're good to go. The first pour will have some sediment, but you toss that glass and the next will be fine.

My process is after racking to the keg I roll the keg for about 5 mins then put it on the gas. I put the PSI around 25-30 for 3 to 5 days then turn it to about 10 PSI. I try the beer to see if its carbonated...if not I will make a choice if I want to bump it back up to 25-20 PSI or can I just keep it at 10PSI for a couple more days..depending on where I am at on the head. Usually the whole process takes me about a week before I start drinking it and am happy with the carbonation level.

Also noting that as the beer changes temps your pressure will change so keep an eye on it if you rack the beer with out cold crashing.

If you are doing all the right steps...then maybe its either hose lengths or the 02 regulator.

ok so this is my first time putting it in the fridge, but it's at 47F and is at 15psi going off of carb chart here. i have the fridge on a temp controller so no problems there i always put water on top to check for bubbles and i have no issue. usually i just rack the beer into keg and seal it up and try picking a good temp and psi range. it has almost been a week i have been thinking about trying to crank it up to 25 or so and see how it goes. I'm trying to get it done for this weekend.

it seems to have a little bit more mouth feel today. when you lower the level down to 10psi do you use the purge valve on the coupler?

ok so this is my first time putting it in the fridge, but it's at 47F and is at 15psi going off of carb chart here. i have the fridge on a temp controller so no problems there i always put water on top to check for bubbles and i have no issue. usually i just rack the beer into keg and seal it up and try picking a good temp and psi range. it has almost been a week i have been thinking about trying to crank it up to 25 or so and see how it goes. I'm trying to get it done for this weekend.

If you are trying to carb the beer at 15PSI then yeah..you just need more time....thats not tooo far off form serving pressure.

I would suggest bumping it up and see what happens.

Back