If anything should happen to me, please take care of my beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Humpsalot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Reading a few threads regarding soldiers going overseas, and having a few thoughts lately on my own mortality, I got to thinking... For all the crazy brewers out there who will spend 6 months or a year, or longer, making a beer, do you have any provisions for your passing?

I know that, in the greater scheme of things, beer isn't really important. But on the other hand, if it's something you poured your heart and soul into while alive, I feel that it'd sure be a shame to have some well-meaning relative dump the last of your batches down the drain when it could instead be a pretty cool testament to your life.

So does anybody have a plan for the hereafter? Maybe a brewing buddy with instructions to finish off your batches in the event of your demise and bottle/keg it for your loved ones? Perhaps in exchange for your brew gear?

I'm not a member of a club or anything, but that would also seem like a good reason to join one... and would maybe be a good "club benefit" to offer... a brotherly pledge to take care of your last beers after your passing and get them into the hands of family and friends.

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking this because I love beer too much. :drunk:

Back