What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the spirit of doing absolutely little to nothing at work today, and having a Sweet Baby Jesus draft while waiting for my burger, I decided to check into what kind of beer options I'll have in Disney next month. Then I found this beautiful site.
http://beersandears.net/wdw-beer-list/
Yup. I may make this my browser homepage while I'm there.

They have an app as well (for iPhone and most likely android too) ;)

Hell yeah! :rockin: Drinking Crooked STave for dregs is always tough work

Water, maybe more coffee soon. My lunch "hour" was pretty damn productive for a Monday. Went to the grocery store, target and fedex (heads up @PatrickGoss and @cliffmongoloid ), made and pitched a yeast starter, made my priming sugar solution for tonight, printed labels, and got my bottling bucket on rinse cycle. O and I had time for lunch :D

thanks man! ill be sending something back within a few weeks, got a move coming up at the end of the month so im scrambling a bit... thanks again

afternoon coffee

Also, make sure there is plenty of unfinished basement to build a cellar/brew room in. Cant be buying a house that isnt home brewer friendly.

Yeah, it is my only stipulation and she knows that. Either a large, sturdy garage or basement that is in really great shape. It's funny, a lot of houses in South Buffalo have bars in the basements already. Most are shoddy and very old but there, nonetheless. Reading up on some things, it looks like we may be able to afford more than we had thought... not going to get hopes up too soon though. Oh if only I didn't have student loans.

After having a better day than normal, I can't wait to get home and sample the hefeweizen again. Sorry for clogging the thread with b.s. again.

Anybody have a good recipe, or ideas, for a light Belgian to use as a starter for a quad (w/ WLP530)? Thinking I might brew a small batch and harvest the cake rather than make a big starter.

Here is a Belgian Blonde I brew:
5.5 gal batch

Mash at 150f
5.5lb pilsner
4.5lb wheat
.5lb caramel 10
.5lb flaked wheat
.25lb CaraVienne
1lb table sugar (at 15 min to flameout)

1oz Hallertau at 60min.

Comes in around 7% abv but doesn't drink like it... :tank:

Tasty, :D

image.jpg

Yeah, it is my only stipulation and she knows that. Either a large, sturdy garage or basement that is in really great shape. It's funny, a lot of houses in South Buffalo have bars in the basements already. Most are shoddy and very old but there, nonetheless. Reading up on some things, it looks like we may be able to afford more than we had thought... not going to get hopes up too soon though. Oh if only I didn't have student loans.

After having a better day than normal, I can't wait to get home and sample the hefeweizen again. Sorry for clogging the thread with b.s. again.

That's the only BS you've clogged the thread with today. :)

More water. Just walked the dog and almost fell flat on my ass half a dozen times with the ice. Good thing my son is home so he can take over :D

Nah. Wanted this keg to kick and it finally did (1.5 howlers later). I am kegging my cream ale right now. Have two other IPAs in-waiting for the CO2. And the ESB and Robust Porter for the nitro.

An ESB on nitro? How very British of you.

Water. OMG this day gets a solid F-.

An ESB on nitro? How very British of you.

Water. OMG this day gets a solid F-.

I haven't forgotten about your box. I just felt bad sending you a 3 week old Pliny. My cousin is bringing me a care package from Russian River. I will be sending you a fresh bottle.

Tested the limit of my system today with a big oatmeal stout . Ten gal batch came in at 1.106.
Wanted a stout and this is all they had in bottles.

IMG_20150209_112733.jpg

IMG_20150209_162548.jpg

An IPA with the pork loin with a bourbon glaze, oven roasted potatoes and broccoli and plantains:rockin:

Looks good. Man I'm hungry! Accidentally skipped lunch today. Dinner can't come soon enough!

An IPA with the pork loin with a bourbon glaze, oven roasted potatoes and broccoli and plantains:rockin:

Wow. Flocc you, sir.

I haven't used those yet, but I have used Pacifica. I really liked them in the saison I brewed with them. Lots of orange and tangerine flavors.

Twisted hop.

I smelled Pacifica. I went with Pacific Gem for a single-hop IPA because that hop variety smelled better. It's not bad. Very berry-like. I dig it. Here's my recipe.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/bionic-commando-pacific-gem-nz-single-hop-ipa-514500/

Back