Best Hotel for GABF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
I am looking to reserve a room for the GABF this year. Anyone recommend a good hotel near the venue for a decent price?

Anything downtown is ok. Easy walk from most anywhere.

Kayak.com to get lowest prices available, then beat the **** out of Priceline.com. Last year SWMBO got us a night at the Sheraton for $50 using this method. Kicks but for car rental too.

G reat
A merican
B eer
F estival.

It's like mecca, but with more beer.

It's the biggest beer festival in the US, as far as variety goes. Held every fall in Denver. Last year, there were over 400 breweries and over 1400 beers.

Anything downtown is ok. Easy walk from most anywhere.

Kayak.com to get lowest prices available, then beat the **** out of Priceline.com. Last year SWMBO got us a night at the Sheraton for $50 using this method. Kicks but for car rental too.

Try betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com for Priceline/Hotwire bidding tips and strategies.

Just reserved my hotel. I went to Kayak.com and the Sheraton was $130/night. Kayak did have lots of choices from as low as $47/night (not reason NOT to go!!!). I wanted to see if I could do better, so I went to that betterbidding site and saw how other bid on priceline.

I started my bid at $44...ended up with $53/night at the Sheraton!!!! Priceline did a better job for me, but Kayak had lots of choices too.

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND...FOR ADULTS! Even the wife is excited!

My wife and I like staying at the Magnolia. We drove down from Wyoming just a few weeks ago after getting a suite for $99 a night. For last year's GABF we got our reservations about two months out (I think it was $135 for a regular room). At the Magnolia get a free cookie at the end of the night which is a really nice touch.

Maybe when we get closer to the event, I'll make a thread about the best restaurants to eat at while you're in Denver.

I hear this one is nice that time of year

bates_hotel.jpg

Best of luck and ask for Norm. Tell him I sent you :D

Back