Help what should I do ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euc1782

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a rapt fermentation chamber but after a little research for the same price I can get the The BrewBuilt X1 Uni Pro now I’m totally confused on what to do what do you guys recommend what one would you go with and if you have any other recommendations that are about the same price

Temperature control will unquestionably let you do more (lagers!) and get better results.

I haven't done any research, but at the first look, the X1 Uni Pro makes me very, very nervous about what you can do -- if anything -- if and when the Peltier malfunctions. Unless I found out that repair/replacement was affordable and available (and would remain available 5 or 10 years from now) I would be hesitant to spend that kind of money. Yikes.

The rapt chamber looks like a pretty slick out-of-the-box solution, but unless there's something I'm missing, you can get most of the functionality buying a chest freezer and a temperature controller -- at about 1/5 of the cost.

Latest posts

Back