What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407447852.107399.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407447801.516172.jpg
Pretty darn tasty. Stone always nails the roasted flavors in their stouts and I love that. My only gripe is it's session level abv. What is this obsession with session beer all if a sudden? I don't get it, half the alcohol all the price. It's like going out to eat and getting half a plate of food but still paying full price for the meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Fins - when you pull the trigger, be sure to spring for the cage twister tool thingy. Well worth the investment.

Now to break the no weekday drinking rule to celebrate IPA day. Cheers! :mug:
View attachment 216240

Haha I will certainly get the cage twister tool thingy. It may a little bit before I do get the corker though. Been saving bottles so Im ready, just need my lambic to hurry up :D

Home brewed blonde in my gravity chair, no kids, no wife, no fellow campers and no problems. And, yes, it's in a clear glass in the sun...you got a problem with that?View attachment 216234

No more life size pictures of the lion?

For IPA day I started with a Bengali. And now am drinking a borboun, neat.

I second that

I have a buddy who napped all the time in the afternoon and his wife got so pissed at his lack of productivity that he got "nap cards". I **** you not "nap cards" he got so many per month and had to turn 1 in with each nap. Sometimes divorce ain't a bad idea.

I have a buddy who napped all the time in the afternoon and his wife got so pissed at his lack of productivity that he got "nap cards". I **** you not "nap cards" he got so many per month and had to turn 1 in with each nap. Sometimes divorce ain't a bad idea.

My wife's only complaint about my weekend naps is from jealousy. I can lay down for a nap and pop up fully rested 15 minutes later. It takes her an hour to fall asleep.

I get up at 2-3 in the morning and work in a hot & humid welding shop from 4-4 with a 15-20 minute lunch break. I'm pretty floccin' awesome, but I ain't 34 anymore. I'll take a nap when I can.:rockin:

Just messing with ya. I get up at 6am, sit at a desk in an air conditioned room for 8 hours take an hour lunch and too many breaks and still fall asleep watching tv after work sometimes.

I get up at 2-3 in the morning and work in a hot & humid welding shop from 4-4 with a 15-20 minute lunch break. I'm pretty floccin' awesome, but I ain't 34 anymore. I'll take a nap when I can.:rockin:

Yeah, especially if that is the case. I am a pencil pusher and I still love a weekend nap. If I work in the yard, in the heat, all day then it's no longer a "like", it's a "need ".

Just messing with ya. I get up at 6am, sit at a desk in an air conditioned room for 8 hours take an hour lunch and too many breaks and still fall asleep watching tv after work sometimes.

Yeah, especially if that is the case. I am a pencil pusher and I still love a weekend nap. If I work in the yard, in the heat, all day then it's no longer a "like", it's a "need ".

hey, bruthas. office jobs can be just as (and sometimes more) tiring as physical labor jobs. I think it's because of the lack of physical activity makes your body feel like it's rest time. especially if you have to stare at a computer all day (unless it's something interesting on the interwebs).

I am in serious danger of running out of craft beer before 10:00pm and am no longer willing to drive. #planahead #hashtagsarestupid

#hashtagsarestupid is the coolest thing I have seen all day #easilyamusedandneverusedtwitter.

hey, bruthas. office jobs can be just as (and sometimes more) tiring as physical labor jobs. I think it's because of the lack of physical activity makes your body feel like it's rest time. especially if you have to stare at a computer all day (unless it's something interesting on the interwebs).

Well it isnt supposed to be interesting stuff but hey I figure if they didnt want me to goof off they wouldblock me from using the internet

Tell me you're at least on the 4x12+OT sort of shift. I miss working 4x10. I'd rather work an extra 2 hours a day and get an extra day off. Of course, now I work (usually) 7:30ish to 5ish with no OT and no lunch break. A little different every day. Sometimes I'm home early, sometimes I leave late, and sometimes I'm leave early and home late. And the long days are far more numerous than the short. And they wonder why there's a class action lawsuit that's been filed...the department of labor already told them they owe us all our OT (something like $5000 they owe me in back wages) but won't litigate on our behalf.

Taking a break with some tea.

Having a water before dinner. Really thinking about popping-open another beer. ****.

I did manage to hang this in the corner of my dining room.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407450757.800940.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407450768.674394.jpg

Tell me you're at least on the 4x12+OT sort of shift. I miss working 4x10. I'd rather work an extra 2 hours a day and get an extra day off. Of course, now I work (usually) 7:30ish to 5ish with no OT and no lunch break. A little different every day. Sometimes I'm home early, sometimes I leave late, and sometimes I'm leave early and home late. And the long days are far more numerous than the short. And they wonder why there's a class action lawsuit that's been filed...the department of labor already told them they owe us all our OT (something like $5000 they owe me in back wages) but won't litigate on our behalf.

Taking a break with some tea.

4-4 until I get my 40 hours in right now. our hours will go up in the fall and we'll be on 60 hour weeks through the winter. that really sucks about your work. I'd be pissed as hell.

4-4 until I get my 40 hours in right now. our hours will go up in the fall and we'll be on 60 hour weeks through the winter. that really sucks about your work. I'd be pissed as hell.

Yeah, I'm not happy about it. None of us are. But I have it better than some. Some folks are 12 hours almost every day, no OT. Hence the lawsuit. I've tried to pull the "I've hit my hours now I'm going home" thing and they won't have it.

Possibly the best I ever saw was a friend of a friend who worked a printing press. He'd work 3x12, and get the extra 4 hours on the house. 3 days, 36 hours, and 40 hours of pay. But he had like 7 kids, so he'd do 4 12 hour shifts a week, and with the entire extra shift time and a half. Dude made a hell of a paycheck in 4 days.

I'm hoping this brewery calls me back saying I've got the job. If I'm gonna work stupid long hours, at least that way it's doing something I love. Hah.

Back