Trying to Think of Logo Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gfei

Reaction score
So, my wife and I decided a great brewery name to use for when I bottle is "Damn Yankee Brewing Co." (since I'm a New York transplant now living in Virginia). I'd like to be able to make labels for some of the beer I bottle but I'm stumped on creating a brewery logo to use.

Anyone have any suggestions for some elements that might go well with the theme???

My creativity seems to have been tapped in coming up with the name.

Thanks

always a great idea to logos and art for inspiration.
Think; baseball, statue of liberty, the Empire SB, ...etc LOTS OF POSSIBILITIES!
I think you should do something with the statue of liberty!
ps. I'm a graffic designer let me know if you want some help ;) good luck

Look through a few books to see if you can spot some "Damn Yankee" Posters or flyers from the war or post war years. you may find your inspiration in propaganda.

Also got to google images and flickr and put in Damn yankee you may get something that way as well.

How about an old-time hat with a feather in it like the song (yankee doodle, that is, not "damn yankees"-never seen that).

I see a comical theme, considering your in VA... I'd play up the whole north/south Mason-Dixie thing.

Maybe an old pickup painted with pinstripes or gray and blue with Damn Yankees Brewing Co. Logo on the door, kegs bouncing around in the bed as it races cross the Mason-Dixie line.

Damn_yankees_1955.jpg

Just a thought ...

You could also try going with some Union Soldier/Civil War imagery or some element off of one of the uniforms along with a sword or chevrons/stripes or something or maybe Ulysses S. Grant etc. or just find a picture of Ted Nugent and the band ...

You could also try going with some Union Soldier/Civil War imagery or some element off of one of the uniforms along with a sword or chevrons/stripes or something or maybe Ulysses S. Grant etc. or just find a picture of Ted Nugent and the band ...

"Billy Yank Brewing Company"

As opposed to "Johnny Reb Brewing Company"
:mug:

Latest posts

Back