What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im filling a wine barrel.

Have the strike water on and the grain milled for batch 4. Almost ready to mash in. Got last nights wort rolled into cellar. Still have to figure out how to raise it for siphon to work into barrel. I think there will be a ramp involved.

More coffee.

Oh! I missed that. Man that is awesome.

Saison sample. Finished lower then i wanted at 1.006 but cant tell and its pretty good, even at 80 degrees.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393174582.570551.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393174616.104742.jpg
A sample from a couple 1gal batches of JAOM I started back in September. I figured I should rack it off of the fruit since I have yet to get any bottles for it. Finally have another use for my Mr. Beer keg.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393182012.141648.jpg

End of a pumpkin beer (can't wait til this is gone.) I don't have the heart to dump it because it's not terrible but it's not good either. Brewed an Irish stout yesterday and I'm doing some Texas Twang mead today after telling myself id do it a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Water while getting a pedicure. I need food because I haven't eaten today and drink because I'm parched. :mug:

My Belgian IPA after finishing cleaning up after brewing a IIPA with my new assistant.
Wrong glass, so sue me.

OMG! Haiiii!

Flocing crashtastic app.

Sorry about the barrage of questions, but is there an advantage to fermenting in the barrel, instead of fermenting in carboys and adding finished beer to the barrel?

There is since I wasn't expecting to get a barrel. Next time I'd like to have finished beer to go in, but since a barrel came up, I though I'd do fake lambic since lambic is fermented in the barrel.

There is since I wasn't expecting to get a barrel. Next time I'd like to have finished beer to go in, but since a barrel came up, I though I'd do fake lambic since lambic is fermented in the barrel.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Good luck with it!

Drinking The Cool.

Brewing my Citra pale with British 2 row.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185943.102528.jpg

did you get those bottles online?

No. I have several people who save bottles for me including someone who gets cases from a small brewer after the brewery has done tastings. I thought I had too many, but I guess I'll need around 20 cases to bottle the barrel I'm filling. I don't want to think about that right now. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back