What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 181678
Saint Somewhere Serge. It has been a while since I've had a Serge, the Brett is strong in this one. I always throw Saint Somewhere in as extras in trades and warn them of the self ejecting corks. 2 half twists of the cage and this one rocketed to the ceiling as I was grabbing my phone to turn the camera on.

I need to find me some nice Brett beers/ sours, no one around here sells any exempt for those lambic with the odd labels forget the name the generic lambics that everyone says are way more sweet then sour

I need to find me some nice Brett beers/ sours, no one around here sells any exempt for those lambic with the odd labels forget the name the generic lambics that everyone says are way more sweet then sour

Seekabrew says that Saint Somewhere is distro'd in PA, I would imagine only in Philly. I've sent some to a few people in PA, one did say they recognized it after I sent it (the Philly proper guy). Saint Somewhere beers are great open fermented (mutated WL 565), Brett infected (Brett B and Brett L) saisons. Truly a tiny, one man operation, in basically, a storage unit.

My first westy 12. Starting it chilled and sipping and it gets warm. Cheers!!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393206828.426780.jpg

Which Weller and what do you prefer?

It's just the 90 proof, not the 12. It's okay, but I feel like I have to mix it. I haven't dabbled in the more expensive whiskys/bourbons, but I really like Russell's Reserve and for something a little cheaper than that, Maker's Mark. Those are two that I buy that I can just pour some in a glass and enjoy straight, no mixing necessary.

allenH said:
Absolutely. If you are into Brett bottled saisons, the benefits outweigh the risks. Since its Brett bottled, their reviews are all over the place, and he did just make a beer with horse feed, but I love the stuff (homer warning).
Well, I guess I'll still have to get a hold of some Saint Somewhere eventually then. I love brett.....and horse feed. ;)

An oat stout I found in the back of the fridge from 2 months ago. Amazing, I might have to age this recipe next time I make it

image.jpg

It will. You're in Chicago? Do you ever make it into MN?

No not in Chicago. My parents are down here right now so we're at their house they still have down here.
I'll probably be heading up to Chicago within the next month or so. We might go to New Glarus this time, but probably not MN.

I should of just asked what your ingredients were

Shure: Kolsh yeast Kolsh malt, german Vienna, german munich, carared,carahell,german wheat. Magnum and Hallertau hops. I made 3 separate batches using other ingredients/hops in each. Kinda mild for IPAs as far as hops though, they are nice just not real intense,bittering is milder also, German hops are kinda far off from American hops but it was a fun experiment and great beers as well. Having my German IPA II now with German pale malt and NB, Hershbrucker,and Tettnanger hops. Same kolsh yeast. Im thinking of them more like extra pale ales really. Wether it was my fault or not Im not exactly shure but im thinking you cant get too big with German hops in an ipa.

Just finished a wonderful meal of grilled lamb chops with balsamic reduction sauce, grilled asparagus, baked potatoes with sour cream and Peachy Canyon red wine. Couldn't get much better.

Life is good.

It's just the 90 proof, not the 12. It's okay, but I feel like I have to mix it. I haven't dabbled in the more expensive whiskys/bourbons, but I really like Russell's Reserve and for something a little cheaper than that, Maker's Mark. Those are two that I buy that I can just pour some in a glass and enjoy straight, no mixing necessary.

Well, I guess I'll still have to get a hold of some Saint Somewhere eventually then. I love brett.....and horse feed. ;)

I did reply to your query more favorably shortly afterwards. I've been drinking. A little.

Just finished my 5th pour of my homemade rice wine and I'm seeing double. Perfect time for bed and dreaming about work. I go into "work mind" usually at 9:30pm on Sunday (previewing meetings, direct report follow ups, call backs from previous meeting deliverables, etc.) So it's the perfect time to ley down and fall asleep in work mode. :D Buenas Noches everyone.

I did reply to your query more favorably shortly afterwards. I've been drinking. A little.

Haha, no worries. I've been on the bourbon all night. :D I saw your second response, but didn't think your first one was unfavorable. In fact, it convinced me that the beer might be worth the ocular damage that might result from improper uncorking. I might have to hit you up for some at a later date.

Haha, no worries. I've been on the bourbon all night. :D I saw your second response, but didn't think your first one was unfavorable. In fact, it convinced me that the beer might be worth the ocular damage that might result from improper uncorking. I might have to hit you up for some at a later date.

Seriously, it scared the scat out of me. And I'm a seasoned Saint Somewhere drinker/shipper/warner. I will most likely have major trade fodder after March 8th. Just saying :D

Seriously, it scared the scat out of me. And I'm a seasoned Saint Somewhere drinker/shipper/warner. I will most likely have major trade fodder after March 8th. Just saying :D

Hmmm, you've caught my attention.

Damn well it should :D If everything goes well, I will have plenty available to trade, that should interesting to most beer loving folk

I may not have access to anything quite as interesting, but something might could be worked out. ;)

Damn well it should :D If everything goes well, I will have plenty available to trade, that should interesting to most beer loving folk

You've caught my attention...

Finishing the mini growler of Fate Brewing's strawberry rhubarb berlinerweiss. Dammit this is tasty. I want a little more pucker power, but I am loving this.

Wasn't someone in here drinking while looking like this a few days ago?!

Been on the scotch tonight. Talisker. Good stuff!

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Scotch=smoked sea water
It's science. :p

Back