What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My red IPA from last year. Very, very nice still and how I wanted it to turn out and close to my best IPA as well. I'm a sucker for the style also if it really is a style. Not my usual ipa glass, just felt like having a few out of it tonight. Actual color is more of a copper really. Very vivid balance of malts and hops in this one. Must have been the right combo of malt/hops for me. The smooth/rich mouthfeel/palate on this one is what does it in for me also. My kind of beer.

IMG_20140222_203538234_HDR.jpg

I won't have time for a tour (there on business). But which of their beers should I be sure to try (keeping in mind I'll be there early April)? Obviously, if I find this Zhukov's, I'm buying all of it I can carry. What else?

EDIT: I haven't opened the Boulevard RIS from Fins yet, but right now you own the best Fantasy Football offering with this Cigar City RIS.

I haven't had the Boulevard, but it's supposed to be right up there with MZ.
I would have to look up the release schedule, but I would pick up anything you can. The Tampa market has year round beers that I can only get once or twice a year in my market, all of them are excellent. The brewery is close to the airport, it would be worth it to drop in, even if it is to grab a couple beers from the cooler. They are known to randomly put rare/limited beers in the cooler, people have walked in and grabbed a BA Hunahpu out of there.

I haven't had the Boulevard, but it's supposed to be right up there with MZ.
I would have to look up the release schedule, but I would pick up anything you can. The Tampa market has year round beers that I can only get once or twice a year in my market, all of them are excellent. The brewery is close to the airport, it would be worth it to drop in, even if it is to grab a couple beers from the cooler. They are known to randomly put rare/limited beers in the cooler, people have walked in and grabbed a BA Hunahpu out of there.

I won't be going to the airport. My trip starts with a drive from Michigan to the east coast of Florida and then a stint over on the Gulf side of the state for a few days. The beer I'm really looking form while down there is Sculpin. Then eastern coast (Treasure Coast) of Florida is the only place I've ever had Sculpin. That **** will fill my whole cooler home if I don't find something amazing to displace it.

Sorghum beer is gross. I was going to make one for a friend, so I bought single bottles of every one I could find. The only one that I could drink again was DFH tweason ale. I won't be buying any more. I'll stick to making them cider.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

A couple Alaskan Taku River Red Ale. Solid beer and i would definitely buy it again. The website says it has 4 different caramel malts and 6 different hops. I never understand this because I don't think you can pick out the subtleties of each hop. Good beer either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

All Amarillo IPA. Not quite bitter enough but Im still in homebrew heaven tonight.:rockin: Aged and off my basement floor into the beer fridge for a few hours even. I figure it has been cold enough this winter to be considered cellar temps this year. I actually had one that was perfect beer temp the other day. Pretty shure it got about 10 deg lower than normal this winter. Think I need to thin the herd of my aging homebrew by spring or get it to my beer fridge.

Fins, your a college hoops fan. Did you see the the Boeheim incident today? I did not.

Sent from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!

What's up kids?! I've been off the HBT wagon. It's all good tho. Yinz haven't missed much.

Killing a couple fingers of Talisker single malt while I watch Trading Places!

Welcome back - good to see you again!

I saw some at the package store yesterday for $16 per bomber. Does that sound about right? Right now drinking Lagunitas Sucks.

At $16, I'd buy every bomber.

You're drinking crickets? I thought people usually ate those.

BdG here. Waiting on boil three to finish up. Only have to brew two more tomorrow.:cross:

Stay strong! You can do it!

I've got no plans either...until those three little monsters wake up and their mother isn't here. That's gonna suck.

Yeah, that would ruin a good Sunday sleep-in!

Damn. Jelous. 16 has eluded me so far. What do you think?

For the price, this is a great BA stout!

Right now, I can only access this site on my phone. The PC freezes every time I try.

Sent from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!

Latest posts

Back