New brewer from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malty_Dog

Reaction score
Hey folks - great forum and glad to be here. I chose my screenname at random because I'm a big fan of malt flavors and hey I like dogs too. May change the name because after a a search realized there was a Malty Dog Brewery with member(s) on here.

Anyway, started 2 years ago on impulse (rare for me) and bought a Brewers Best kit and unwittingly went with an Octoberfest - did not turn out well.

Fast forward to this past Christmas when a friend who knows I love beer bought me a Mr Beer kit (didn't know I had other equipment). Made the Gr Bohemian Pils and then the Ole Mole Stout. The fire has been re-lit BIGTIME. I have read extensively (J. Palmer, R. Mosher) since that first failed session two years ago and am ready to truly dive in. Brewing an American Brown ale this weekend (extract plus spec grain) courtesy of Northernbrewer. Thanks again for having a great community out here from whom I've already learned some things.:mug:

Hey thanks for the welcome, mcbaumannerb :) . I'm in south central PA, about 45 miles north of Baltimore via route 83 (York). I see you're from Phoenixville - not too far, just on the other side of Lancaster. We've got some great microbreweries around us my friend. :tank:

Welcome Malty...I'm in York too. Have you checked out YAHA yet? great group of people...we meet the last wed of every month at either liquid hero or cobblestones.

Hey atom, thanks for the welcome. Actually no I didn't look into YAHA, but have thought to myself on more than one occasion: "man I'd like to talk to some local folks who are into this". Been to Cobblestones but not Liquid Hero yet. I'm way new to this, but know that I would enjoy and benefit from said company. Sounds like a great idea, although again I'm a newb :( . I've been frequenting Mr Steve's for supplies.

Back