What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Channel66 said:
You would think huh? No actually I haven't graduated with my MS in micro yet.

My previous day gig was in psychology, as the director of the autism life skills group at a local private hospital I did mostly paperwork and budget planning (hated it which is what prompted the change so I decided to go back to school) I'm almost done with my grad work now but I don't think they'll be asking me with a "lowly" masters degree to teach bio when they have tenured doctors of bio at their disposal.

I was asked to teach a psy 301 human development class today for a professor who is out on leave. I'm also considering taking on the homebrew class here next semester because the professor isn't continuing it due to being over extended. I enjoy teaching quite a lot just couldn't make a career out of it.

Nice man good for you. That's cool that you potentially could have a few options on what you could teach if you were to choose to do so some time down the line.

A home brewing class would be much more appropriate for me to attend as a student. Although I have enjoyed teaching my cousin and a friend of mine the basics of brewing.

Drinkin some westy goes uh. Good stuff. Was thinking if this beer would taste even better with age. I'm leaning towards no. The enjoy by date gives me a hint.

image-1889540625.jpg

Lied aboiut the night cap. Was gonna makte the Brett Tripel it for the night, but I'm alreayd drunk and should have been in bed 2 hours ago to get enough sleep for work tomorrow, but f#@& it. Double pour of my Milk Sout. At least it'se barely 3% alchol. :mug:

Not much going on tonight eh? Drinkin solo for the first time in a while. It's nice to get a buzz on with some vinyl spinning every once in a while relaxin with Miles and his quintet

Got back from an amazing sour tasting and some sushi so of course the next course of action was to crack into the back items in the beer fridge. First up was a Farmers Reserve No. 3 which was as tart and great as it always is. Next was a Saison Rue I've had forever and just never opened; obviously well brewed but I'm starting to think a rye/Brett combo just isn't my sorta thing especially once it warms up

ForumRunner_20131024_214722.png

Qhrumphf said:
Lied aboiut the night cap. Was gonna makte the Brett Tripel it for the night, but I'm alreayd drunk and should have been in bed 2 hours ago to get enough sleep for work tomorrow, but f#@& it. Double pour of my Milk Sout. At least it'se barely 3% alchol. :mug:

Balls to the wall I like it!

Leubega said:
Got back from an amazing sour tasting and some sushi so of course the next course of action was to crack into the back items in the beer fridge. First up was a Farmers Reserve No. 3 which was as tart and great as it always is. Next was a Saison Rue I've had forever and just never opened; obviously well brewed but I'm starting to think a rye/Brett combo just isn't my sorta thing especially once it warms up

Just when I thought everyone had just about called it you're bringing out some big guns. Some brown IpA for me. Think this is it for me. Miles' session is almost over.

image-3749991770.jpg

No work for me tomorrow and nothing but an 11 am flight for vacation purposes mean I can keep this party going for a while tonight. Roommate really wanted to crack into the Suede I had hiding in the fridge; definitely one of the oddest beers I've ever had. The floral honey combination gives this a bit of an anise hint to it and masks that 9.6% pretty damn well.

ForumRunner_20131024_215830.png

Bit of a palate cleanser before we keep digging in the fridge. Never been ecstatic with anything Ommegang but this is one pretty flavorful Witte

ForumRunner_20131024_222059.jpg

More hard tea to go with the chicken curry I just made. Some good tunage goin on tonight sounds like. I vould dig some blues after dinner

Leubega said:
I really like rye in small amounts to give body to brett beers (well non-Brett beers too) but don't generally like it when it sticks out as a component of the grist.
Billy-Klubb said:
martha floccin' cawfeh! sat up with the 2 y/o until 11:45, got up at 3:20. mmmmoooorrrreee caawwwfffeeee!
Careful with that welder today. That's about the amount of sleep where my eyeballs usually start hurting halfway through the morning. Hope the little Klubb is ok.
mcbaumannerb said:
Cof here as well ... getting ready to go down and delabel & clean some bottles. BK - this isn't the same bug coming back around in your house I hope?!
Working from home sucks, eh? You have a batch ready to bottle? I need to bottle Frankenwild and vanilla cacao nib stout. Finally got some coffee to roast for coffee brown ale, too. :)

Oolong and emergenC on the side here.

Working from home sucks, eh? You have a batch ready to bottle? I need to bottle Frankenwild and vanilla cacao nib stout. Finally got some coffee to roast for coffee brown ale, too. :)

Oolong and emergenC on the side here.

Nah - only thing I have in the fermenter is the BDSA (which I will probably rack to secondary this weekend.) This is just trying to do bottles as one of my homer buckets fills up - so I don't end up with a couple of cases to clean at once. So far, so good - we'll see how it holds up over time though :)

The usual coffee after freezing my bumm off pickin up son from work. gotta do 1st FG test on my stout tomorrow. Maybe soon I can rack it onto the bourbon soaked white oak.

Nah - only thing I have in the fermenter is the BDSA (which I will probably rack to secondary this weekend.) This is just trying to do bottles as one of my homer buckets fills up - so I don't end up with a couple of cases to clean at once. So far, so good - we'll see how it holds up over time though :)

Well you know if you're ever jonesing to bottle, you can always stop by here. ;)

The usual coffee after freezing my bumm off pickin up son from work. gotta do 1st FG test on my stout tomorrow. Maybe soon I can rack it onto the bourbon soaked white oak.

That sounds damn delicious.
I'm hoping my stout works out. I get excited when people talk about their stouts. I want some rich black goodness. (you all can have a field day with that one!) :ban:

That sounds damn delicious.
I'm hoping my stout works out. I get excited when people talk about their stouts. I want some rich black goodness. (you all can have a field day with that one!) :ban:

Like the man said in Monster's Ball "you ain't a man 'till you split black oak!". ;)
I'm near the end of the 2nd week on my PM Traditional Stout. I'm soaking American white oak in Kentucky bourbon for some traditional "Whiskely" as the drink was called from colonial times up till prohibition. Smooth roasty bourbony oaky goodness for Christmas! :ban::tank::ban:

Coffee while trying to figure out a hop order. My favorite retailer just released 2013 hops including Citra. They have 10lb bales of Columbus for $80 and I'm real close to pulling the trigger on that, I know I'll use/need them

ForumRunner_20131025_055508.jpg

Didn't think any of the resorts out west made snow. Especially Taos. Wtf
Taos normally does a small base after the first couple snows. I have never seen them making snow when we have been there in December through February. Angel Fire is also close and they pretty much have to make snow. All their slopes are open to a huge valley and get sun most of the day but Taos is higher and surrounded by peaks.

Drinking a Belgian pale kicking my sisters ass at mariokart. I feel like I'm 10 again.

I hope that game never gets old :D

Coffee while trying to figure out a hop order. My favorite retailer just released 2013 hops including Citra. They have 10lb bales of Columbus for $80 and I'm real close to pulling the trigger on that, I know I'll use/need them

Holy sheet thats a lot of columbus! :mug:

Back