"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,if you don't like my beers/taste in beers,then IDGARA. I would've at least had you try what I like at that point. If you don't like it then,fine. I like BMC once in a while when it's hot,or I'm about broke & want a beer. I just prefer not to brew with rice or corn. But some adjuncts (zest,molasses,et al) are fair game in the appropriate brew. Just don't get pi$$y when they don't like how you speak. We all get in that rut once in a while when emotions get involved. So let's all take a deep breath here...

I do not brew fruit wheat beers and do not use adjuncts.

That said, can you explain this:

Primary
Several experimental flavored wheat beers.

if i were you, i'd be trying to figure out who this guy is and not puffing your chest and telling a bunch of home brewers how they're low lives for using and liking adjuncts in their beer.

He should also make himself a nice sniper rifle because apparently, this "other" guy does that too!

Guess it's that way only if one embraces adjuncted beer and light American lagers with all their heart. Enjoy your triple hopped Miller Lite. :tank:

You still don't get it. You could have a keg of Budweiser strapped to your back right now, you'd still be a ****** because of how you talked about other beer drinkers, and the obvious lying about being a pro-brewer for 4 years. How's the plowing business going? Should be some snow by you now right?

Walked out after 12-16hrs lookin like the coal miner's son (which I am,btw).

So technically, it can be said that you look like a coal miner's son even after stepping out of the shower then, no?

:mug:

(The mug is there to ensure you know this is a joke, after all, I am a City Boy from NYC.)

:mug:

(Second mug to prove that the comment above was a joke also :))

Funny people like you in this thread are lecturing someone about maturity. Grown men don't become offended when someone has a differing opinion about beer than they do. It's just beer, as one of you so eloquently stated, right? Yet so many have their ego threatened because someone disagrees with their taste in beer. I've never seen so many thin skinned "men" in one place such as this forum. It's pretty pathetic. I thought this was a place to talk about beer. Guess it's that way only if one embraces adjuncted beer and light American lagers with all their heart. Enjoy your triple hopped Miller Lite. :tank:

i don't think anyone was offended by your opinion, dude. i think they were turned off by the presentation is all. you do kinda come off like an @$$hole in your posts on this (and other) threads. i also think that lying about stuff kinda offended a few folks. again, not what you said, but how you said it. you really do come across like one of those high brow D-bags, and i think that rubs alotta people the wrong way.

I'm a coal miner's son as well. My dad was a miner in Beckley West Virginia in the late 30's/early 40's. His Dad was a miner there before him, and a coal miner back in Spain at the turn of the century.

I had to chuckle on that one,airborne. Yeah I'm still the coal miners son at that point. Just not lookin like I just walked out da mine at that point. & ":mug:" generally means "cheers",...but ok,point taken. But it must be admitted that city folk don't know what it's really like to be country. I'm part both,as life would have it. Now if they'd just stop the war goin on in my head...I think they need a beer & shots pretty soon!...:D <-jocularity simbol...

The people I really don't trust are people with "ring around the collar". They should really get a better job so they can afford better laundry detergent

I'm a coal miner's son as well. My dad was a miner in Beckley West Virginia in the late 30's/early 40's. His Dad was a miner there before him, and a coal miner back in Spain at the turn of the century.

My dad worked the mine with his brothers & other relatives in Anjeen,WVA since some time in the 30's. That song "coal miner's daughter" gets me every time,as I lived everything she sang about. Every last bit of it. So yeah,blue collar in certain respects is a badge of honor. At least when we go in front of St Peter,we can honestly say we worked for it.

Oh, so now country folk are better than city folk? Why, cuz us city slickers don't peel our dinner off the street?. ;D. Juuuuust kiddin

My dad worked the mine with his brothers & other relatives in Anjeen,WVA since some time in the 30's. That song "coal miner's daughter" gets me every time,as I lived everything she sang about. Every last bit of it. So yeah,blue collar in certain respects is a badge of honor. At least when we go in front of St Peter,we can honestly say we worked for it.

You'd like this blog I wrote back during the West Upper Branch Mine tragedy a couple years ago then.

Down in the mines.

One's no better than the other,Mike,but you have to admit,the old dogmas are out there. And no,I don't make road kill stew,that's just TV shtick. I'll have to take a look at that link,might've seen it?... Here's a song from o brother,where art thow? that I think says it about blue collar,not to mention my bein country too;

Last edited by a moderator:
Weizen, I don't think people here are thin skinned. I think the problem with your blue collar statement is this: You insulted peoples jobs. The jobs that we go to and break our asses doing. We spend more time at our jobs than doing anything else. For me, I spend 3 hours commuting, and 8 hours lifting, pulling, pushing, going up and down ladders, tightening, bleeding, and sweating. I leave for work when it's dark, and I come home when it's dark. Sometimes 5, sometimes 6, sometimes 7 days a week. For me, I know I make enough money to drink whatever kind of beer I want. But what you said insulted the biggest part of peoples lives. For some people, they're lucky to have a job to be able to afford the adjunct laden piss water that you abhor. I worked for 4 months in 2010, and I"m still unemployed, but I can afford to be off, so I"m lucky. But then again, that's just my blue collar opinion of it, maybe someone elses is different.

For me, I've just been having fun with ya. The blue collar thing didn't offend me, it just made you look like a snobby ******. I"m sure you're not though, unlike that other guy on the other forum. Now he's a ******, for sure.

Good story,revvy. Sounds like pop & my uncles when we'd sit down with some beers in the afternoon. Used to love all those stories of the mines,WW2,etc. Real blue collar life stories of old. dito with pop on the war bein safer thing.

Recipes // Brewmasters Warehouse

A popular online vendor who allows customers to upload their recipes. Overall I think it gives a fair picture of what people like to drink. Check out Lite American lager.

That's eye opening. Honestly I never would have guessed it as popular a style to brew. But on the other hand, it's not too far fetched to fathom either. Most brewers who aren't newbie zealots, although we may not like to drink of the big three, do at least acknowledge that it's a very difficult style to pull off, may choose to brew it to challenge themselves.

Also they may brew them for their friends.

The other thing to realize, and I think it shocks a lot of the zealots is that not everyone who comes into this hobby comes it because they're die-hard craft beer drinkers. We might assume it. But that's necessarily the case.

People come to homebrew because they like beer, not just craft beer, but ALL beer. Even bmc drinkers homebrew (an get sneared at by folks like wheaty here) but not everyone is a craft beer wonk, like I am.

You have to figure, if the highest selling beers in the world are light lagers, that means a LOT of people like them...so that base pool from which those might explore homebrewing is going to be larger than those folks who come from the craft beer side....If that makes any sense.

Some people bash the bmc's for tasting like water, however at certain times I enjoy them for that reason.

+1

I spent some time in my 20's trying to be a rock star. Good luck sitting behind a drum kit flailing away at 160 bpm for a four-hour practice in a 8' x 8' room with no ventilation in the summer and trying to suck down anything less thin than a Bud Light.

What,no lone star? I used to like that one. But the base reason for my being here was that I wanted to bring back the "that real good beer flavor" I remembered from the 50's & 60's. There,I said it. And I'm keepin my man card.thank you. My wife likes those too. Really cool that she likes mine better. Even better still,she likes to brew as well. I think I should get a man card upgrade.

What,no lone star? I used to like that one. But the base reason for my being here was that I wanted to bring back the "that real good beer flavor" I remembered from the 50's & 60's. There,I said it. And I'm keepin my man card.thank you. My wife likes those too. Really cool that she likes mine better. Even better still,she likes to brew as well. I think I should get a man card upgrade.

Lol, I was jp. Ziegen isn't very good IMO, and it is just an AB/InBev beer that they slap a Texas on to take advantage of Texas' prideful people (and to get some of that Shiner market share, of course!).

Hmm, I believe I heard Texas, not NY.

Haha that's a great movie, and a funny quote.

[
That said, can you explain this:

He should also make himself a nice sniper rifle because apparently, this "other" guy does that too!

You still don't get it. You could have a keg of Budweiser strapped to your back right now, you'd still be a ****** because of how you talked about other beer drinkers, and the obvious lying about being a pro-brewer for 4 years. How's the plowing business going? Should be some snow by you now right?

Points have been made. Let it go. No more picking on each other, namecalling, or insults.

Well,I don't have any lone star,our beers need at least one more day in the fridge,& I have 10 old milwaulee's & vodka. Check y'all later,it's time for videos & beer.

Yooper said:
[

Points have been made. Let it go. No more picking on each other, namecalling, or insults.

I'm not sorry, but I will stop. I know you've gotten a sniff of this guy too Yooper. Thanks for letting this run its course, it's over now. Since it was a guilty pleasure if wasn't OT in it of itself ;)

Back