Brewfest Brew Day 6/21/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubbelDach

Reaction score
Hey there kids... On Saturday, my and my friends did a triple brew - a batch of IPA, batch of saison, and an Imperial EBS, whatever the hell that is... Brew went from 9a-3p at my house. We grilled up some hot Italian sausage as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ed5275/BrewDay62108

We had a bunch of new-to-brewing guys up because we were going to the evening session of the Harrisburg Brewer's Fest that night. One of the non-brewers took all of these pics and captioned them. Notes on the beers:

IPA: My 3rd all-grain batch (I'm in the Flyers shirt). We re-used Simcoe cones that we got in a pin from Troegs. Apparently we learned that you can re-use dry hops to bitter your next batch, so we did since we had these rare Simcoes. The final product here is going into the pin (and dry hopped with cascade) so that we can have our first cask-conditioned brew.

Saison: 4th all-grain batch for my friend Jay (Phillies visor). He loves saisons and makes them often. Jay was me "brew sensei" - taught me then didn't brew for a while. I got him back into the swing of things and we've done our last 6 batches together.

Imperial ESB: We tried to talk Bam down on this one... He gets a little monstrous with his brews. He's still on extract, so this brew cost him about $60. I'd call it an American Barleywine, not an easy-drinkin' ESB.

Miracle tidbit: When we woke up Sunday, our water was brown. A main broke a few miles away and it was **** brown for the whole day. Had that happened Saturday, this brew would not have been possible. The beer gods were smiling upon us!!! :mug:

Looks good, and sounded like a perfect prelude to a nice day!!

Love the Hershey Medical Center sign. Good reminder, just in case. ;)

Ha! People always think it's stolen, but my father-in-law paints roads, stripes lots, and makes signs. He made this for my wife when she was doing undergrad at F&M in Lancaster and learned that she got into Penn State Hershey for Med School. Now that she's a resident there and we live in Harrisburg, I need him to change it to ~12 miles, lol.

Back