Anyone brewing on Thursday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw this one out there. With modern methods of cooking out there (smoker, deep fryer, air fryer oven, super-tolerant spouse chasing you out of the kitchen) there might be time enough to brew. We got a new Samsung oven/range this year with the air fryer function, so I'll be trying that this time. Won't have to start it up until about 11am, so if I get up early enough I've got time to make a mess in the brewery before I create an even bigger mess in the kitchen (husband will be plonked in front of the TV watching football; perfectly happy to have him there so he stays out of the way). Planning a quick BIAB batch of my house Sabro/Citra IPA that I bought a fresh pack of Imperial Loki for today. Got a decent WF lager, and an even better Lutra Blonde, to sip during the proceedings. Of course, entertaining family/friends takes precedence; but we've been doing this holiday on our own for a few years now, since my dad went into memory care, Mom is meh about eating a big meal, and my sister is likewise.

That misses the point, really.
I'd rather spend the day with family especially given the crap shoot of getting them all together with Covid/flu/RSV flying around.
Brewing can wait a day or three...

Cheers!

I might just do that. Looks like I'll be on my own for the "holiday." I'll have to break out and sanitize the other conical though, since I just started a Pilsner last Sunday. It's fermenting around 54F, so it will not be ready to rack by then, but will be able to get active yeast from it. Currently I'm running S-189.

Back