Draft Tower Fan Running Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britski

Reaction score
I just rigged up a fan to cool my draft tower and was just curious how long anyone leaves theirs running. Mine is hooked up to a 12v plug and I ahve been leaving it going constantly but I am a little concerned it may burn out.

They are menat for computers running 24/7 at fairly warm temps. You don't have to worry.

Mine has been runing for about 2 years. I have 2. One 40mm in the tower opening and one 4" fan near the kegerator "hump" to move the cold air around. The 4" is off. I was using it to move the air around but my power supply was a little lacking so I turned it off. The little 40mm moves enough air and cools the tower just fine.

Doubt it's much but you can figure it out, take the voltage and multiply by the amps to get the wattage. Multiply that by 24 hours x 30 days x your price per kWh and you get approximate monthly cost.

Back