2015 Vermont Homebrew Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewkinger

Testing... testing...is this frigger on?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who made it to the event?

Favorites?

Worst?

Being from VT, I can get 2nd Fiddle, SoS and HF fairly regularly, so I focused on trying as many others as I could.

DUDE are you OK- DIPA from Drop In Brewing was a standout for me.

The Wind - Grapefruit and hopped Gose from Lost Nation was my favorite "outside the box" beer.
Salty, sour, slightly citrusy.... I have to head to the pub and find out exactly what food this would pair well with.
Hands down though, the folks from Lost Nation are some of the friendliest people on this planet.

Simple Roots brewing also a great startup brewery with a solid product and nice owners.

Lawson's Maple Tripel was the star. Aged in barrels that had maple liqueur in them and those barrels previously had bourbon in them... Picked up a few other items while I was up there!

bf1.jpg

score.jpg

Simple Roots brewing also a great startup brewery with a solid product and nice owners.

How is it that their cream ale ABV bounces around so much? Sometimes it's 4.7%, sometimes 5% and recently 5.2%. They either need to figure out their recipe or their equipment.

Back