What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
You bastard!!!! :p
Thanks to Nuke I was privileged to try that beer. I actually think I enjoyed it more than Heady.

For me it is up there in the top 3 or 4. Pliny, Heady, this, and a floating spot that was occupied by Sucks until I totally burned out on it. You need to try the Furious! It's freakin awesome!

bottlebomber said:
For me it is up there in the top 3 or 4. Pliny, Heady, this, and a floating spot that was occupied by Sucks until I totally burned out on it. You need to try the Furious! It's freakin awesome!

Haven't tried Sucks, Furious or Pliny. They are definitely on my list of beers to try though. After having Abrasive I fell in love with Citra.

second version of red all with apples and oats

P6040016.jpg

image-2997919630.jpg

Hanger 24 Porter. The distributor I work for in Sacramento just picked these guys up and they are great!

nukebrewer said:
I like that pic, man. How did you achieve that effect?

Haha! That was a mixture of IPhone picture with Tadaa app and Instagram app.

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat, I always look forward to late fall for the Honeycrisp apple harvest here in Michigan if youve never had one you just dont understand! This is a little too sweet but not terrible, definately some good Honeycrisp taste goin on but Ill probably leave the rest of the sixer for the fiancee cause she loved it.

ForumRunner_20130209_005654.jpg
Also happy that I got my new 5gal Bloody Beer clone bottled today, so once its carbed in a week or two the pipeline will be officially full and flowin!!!!

ForumRunner_20130209_005947.jpg

WesleyS said:
More of this.

And oh look, Office Space is on. Fantastic!!

I'm going to need you to come in Saturday... And I'm also going to need you to come in Sunday.

bottlebomber said:
I'm going to need you to come in Saturday... And I'm also going to need you to come in Sunday.

Such a great movie.

More of this.

image-1936270754.jpg

A new beer i have never tried until now but am in love by new Albion brewery their pale ale. It's in cahoots with Sam Adams brewery as a fusion of two styles of pale ale

I still need to visit the brewery. It's a shame I live 15 min from the there and have never been.

I'm going to keep bugging you until you go. Hell go today! And its FREE! I'm heading the st. Arnolds with a friend and maybe hit up petrol today.

I'm getting a few pliny's coming in if you want to do a trade. It's the better kind of trade because there is no shipping haha.

DisturbdChemist said:
I'm going to keep bugging you until you go. Hell go today! And its FREE! I'm heading the st. Arnolds with a friend and maybe hit up petrol today.

I'm getting a few pliny's coming in if you want to do a trade. It's the better kind of trade because there is no shipping haha.

Yes please keep bugging me or I'll probably never go. ;) I need to hit up all the breweries in Houston. I'd definitely be interested in a trade for a Pliny. I have a Hopslam with your name on it if you would want to trade for that.

the coffee. last night was Velvet Rooster & Furious. I may do rum & Coke or whiskey & Coke tonight. ooooh! I still have some brandy & Barenjager too! and a bunch of my Belgian Sessions, Falconer's AL, Horehound BS, some sours, and some '08 Bourbon County stouts. too many decisions....

Yes please keep bugging me or I'll probably never go. ;) I need to hit up all the breweries in Houston. I'd definitely be interested in a trade for a Pliny. I have a Hopslam with your name on it if you would want to trade for that.

If its a fresh hopslam Ill probably trade for it. What else you might offer just out of curiosity?

I hit pretty much ever one right now. Was the first tour at buffalo bayou. The next one I need to hit is fort bend. They just started doing tours today. I gotta hit that one soon.

2+ feet of snow, well below freezing outside. Perfect day for brewing! I've only got about a quarter of the space I normally have because I can't get my car out of the garage, but I'm making do. The hardest part will be cleaning the mash tun and chilling the wort with no chiller. Oh well, it'll be fun at least because I'll be :drunk:

20130209_112200.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
If its a fresh hopslam Ill probably trade for it. What else you might offer just out of curiosity?

I hit pretty much ever one right now. Was the first tour at buffalo bayou. The next one I need to hit is fort bend. They just started doing tours today. I gotta hit that one soon.

The Hopslam was bottled 1/9/13. I also have a 3 Floyds Gumballhead and a 3 Floyds Pride & Joy, and a New Holland Mad Hatter IPA. Other than that, I really don't have anything else (that I'd be willing to trade :p ) that isn't available in Houston.

I'm going to brew today too, an off the beaten path IPA
10 lbs 2-row
5 lbs wheat malt
2 lbs Orange blossom honey

1.5 ounces warrior @60
2/2 Galaxy/Nelson @15
2/2 G/N @0

Wyeast 1010. Love that yeast.

Coffee right now. Going to work out then coworker is coming over to learn the ways of homebrew and we will probably "sample" some beers.

Coffee right now. Going to work out then coworker is coming over to learn the ways of homebrew and we will probably "sample" some beers.

Same, besides the Co-worker part. Pretty sweet getting someone else in the hobby. My gym is closed :(

A little hazelnut coffee, then I guess I should attempt to shovel my car out of my parking lot,lol.
My black ipa for later.

Gravity sample Saturday! Biggest batch I've brewed to date - 12 gallon petite saison. Split into (3) 5 gallon, one on the left is ECY 08, two on left see ecy03. Brewed on the second, ECY 08 is @ 1.008, both ECY 03 at 1.005 from 1.042.

image-94508809.jpg

Blending, adding oak, Brett L, lacto, and dry hopping today.

Gravity sample Saturday! Biggest batch I've brewed to date - 12 gallon petite saison. Split into (3) 5 gallon, one on the left is ECY 08, two on left see ecy03. Brewed on the second, ECY 08 is @ 1.008, both ECY 03 at 1.005 from 1.042.

View attachment 99926

Blending, adding oak, Brett L, lacto, and dry hopping today.

They look tasty.

I am drinking a gravity sample of the Rye Saison that I bottled this morning.

Back