I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Varmintman said:
You know BB I am thinking I will just post the link as well. I can still read other parts of the forum and listen to the music.

I always post from the phone. Sometimes it imbeds it, sometimes it just puts in the link :confused:

I always post from the phone. Sometimes it imbeds it, sometimes it just puts in the link :confused:

With the link it opens another page and will continue to play while cruising the forum

Just out of curiosity what do you guys have for sound on your computers. I have a 300 watt surround sound. Not real big but sounds good

POS Altec Lansing 3-piece set. Works for me though - I'm not an audiophile (not to mention I'm getting really hard of hearing!)

Going deaf from years of guns and rock and roll. Serves me ok though now that I can play selective hearing:)

Seals and croft Summer Breeze. Yup I am on a summer lick today:ban:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard from Dan in the last few days? I don't remember him saying he was going anywhere but he's been absent for several days. Just want to make sure the
rhymin', mimin'
Dan the man
Is okay.

Dan is around, he liked one of my posts today. Maybe just in a contemplative mood.

I'm falling behind, not enough time to read all the posts before heading off to work. Always a day late and a dollar short.

No work tonight because I have to go to the range tomorrow. I'd be excited except that it's going to be 32 tomorrow and the range is right on the water. Oh well, at least I'll walk out of there with some extra 9mm ammo.

Airborneguy said:
No work tonight because I have to go to the range tomorrow. I'd be excited except that it's going to be 32 tomorrow and the range is right on the water. Oh well, at least I'll walk out of there with some extra 9mm ammo.

Have you even slept since last night?

Nope it snowed again and the roads were all drifted and crappy. Cabin fever sucks

Here is what the crazy doctor ordered:

• 1 Four wheel drive truck
  • 2 Friends
  • 3 six packs
  • 3 bags Doritos
  • 2 shovels
  • Enough warm clothes to drive around with the windows down.
  • Crank up the tunes and go one on one with the drifts

OK, that was a number of years ago and I do think I fubar'd one of the axles on the truck. But, I didn't think about Spring for at least a couple of weeks after that.

Looks like it gets quiet in here at times.

Can I tell you what I did today? OK. Seems like the special forces, as part of their training, are required to complete a Survival, Escape, Resistance, and Evasion (SERE) course. They gotta pretty much live off the land and not get caught. So we have been walking through the woods on a certain tract and "releasing" certain food plants through selective herbicide treatments affectionately known as hack and squirt. It's simply breaking through to the cambium layer on target trees and squirting a small dose of herbicide in order to kill just that tree and thereby releasing the food plant. How cool is that? I can't believe they pay me. There's a lot of stuff to eat out there if you look. We have serviceberry, blueberry, beech, blackhaw, hazlenuts, pawpaw, and a bunch of others.

Can I tell you what I did today? OK. Seems like the special forces, as part of their training, are required to complete a Survival, Escape, Resistance, and Evasion (SERE) course. They gotta pretty much live off the land and not get caught. So we have been walking through the woods on a certain tract and "releasing" certain food plants through selective herbicide treatments affectionately known as hack and squirt. It's simply breaking through to the cambium layer on target trees and squirting a small dose of herbicide in order go kill just that tree and thereby releasing the food plant. How cool is that? I can't believe they pay me. There's a lot of stuff to eat out there if you look. We have serviceberry, blueberry, beech, blackhaw, hazlenuts, pawpaw, and a bunch of others.

That's badass Reeleale.

Oh heck yes any summer songs are good.

I took the lovely misses into town today and was busting drifts with my pickup. Now mind you my wife is from NZ and lived on a beach her whole life and never saw snow.

She was to scared to talk even:mug: Hey I might be on to something

That's badass Reeleale.

It's a fun job for sure. But the real badasses are those guys, the snake eaters, the special forces. I'm just a contractor. I have the utmost respect for what they do, and the training required.

Can I tell you what I did today? OK. Seems like the special forces, as part of their training, are required to complete a Survival, Escape, Resistance, and Evasion (SERE) course. They gotta pretty much live off the land and not get caught. So we have been walking through the woods on a certain tract and "releasing" certain food plants through selective herbicide treatments affectionately known as hack and squirt. It's simply breaking through to the cambium layer on target trees and squirting a small dose of herbicide in order go kill just that tree and thereby releasing the food plant. How cool is that? I can't believe they pay me. There's a lot of stuff to eat out there if you look. We have serviceberry, blueberry, beech, blackhaw, hazlenuts, pawpaw, and a bunch of others.

I am eating a handful of hazel nuts right now. Cool stuff

Here's an old song that always makes me chuckle. So, Reelale. Do you plant anything out there or just select for the food plants that are already there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that would explain why I never saw them growing before. Sure enjoy eating them and I think I will go grab another handful:)

You know what I wish I could get around here? Jumbo green peanuts. I freakin love me some boiled peanuts. Got hooked on them going to Florida for vacations when I was younger. I better stop thinking about it.....it will drive me insane.

You know what I wish I could get around here? Jumbo green peanuts. I freakin love me some boiled peanuts. Got hooked on them going to Florida for vacations when I was younger. I better stop thinking about it.....it will drive me insane.

I hate those things. Blech. I went to vacation in Florida in '92 when I graduated from college... and stayed.

My wife's family from Arkansas was here a little while back. They have a coke on ice with salted peanuts in the coke. You drink the slightly salted coke, and suck up a few peanuts to crunch on. It's a big deal over there I guess.

You can have my share too, those things are awful.

Nobody around here like them either except my Folks. I've brought some back before and my friends wouldn't touch them. More for me.

Back