stick blender for whirlpool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogwash

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used a stick blender to start their whirlpool?

I was blending a soup the other day and happened to create a heck of a whirlpool. This was much less volume than 6 gallons, but it got me thinking. I may try it next time I brew.

Just don't use plastic with hot liquid. It doesn't work to well. Ha ha we tried that and plastic almost melted off the mixing stick. It seemed to be working good tell it melted.

Well the wort will be cooled before I use it so no concern there. Plus this thing is meant for blending hot soups in the pot.

Hmm seems like it would work pretty well. You could experiment with a larger volume of water if you wanted to see how it worked. Tired of just using a spoon to create a whirlpool or is there another motive behind using something else?

Hmm seems like it would work pretty well. You could experiment with a larger volume of water if you wanted to see how it worked. Tired of just using a spoon to create a whirlpool or is there another motive behind using something else?

I'm just not satisfied with my results using a spoon. I can never get it going all that well and I never have a "cone" in the bottom of the kettle when I drain.

I don't believe many people achieve a "cone" but I at least get some of it close to the center. Lately I have been trying to transfer almost everything except the extreme sludge to see how it effects the overall flavor.

Back