Brew #1, #2 and #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
Thought I'd do a blanket post! I used to post here under a name of Rob or something, but I forgot my password, changed my email, wiped my fingerprints, etc.

Anyway, I was recently given a book on how to make wine from tinned and dried fruit. Sounds interesting, and extremely cheap too - so I thought I'd give it a go. Still got plenty of my dad's old winemaking equipment, and bought some of my own, so after emptying out a demi-john which contained 20 year old wine of sorts (we tried it - it was alright but there's no way you could trust wine that old sat in a damp garage,) I set about making some wine.

I would like to state at this point that I'm no connisseur, this is purely clap-trap for getting battered off

Summer Fruit wine (made from Pie Filling) should make a rich, complex red.
Fruit Salad wine (yup, tinned fruit salad) will make a sort of orangey white. Both around 12%
Also chucked a cider kit on from the local homebrew store, something for the christmas months. Nice and simple.

Two reasons - one, for beer to drink, two, to get aquainted with the process. If these are succesful, I'll either start experimenting or make some more challenging wines/ciders from real fruit. :)

Any recipes, just ask. :)

10861_179364148607_585253607_2766111_7158773_n.jpg

Glad to be a part of the forum again!

Back