Kegerator upgrades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sound-mind

Reaction score
I was using a commercial keg for a year or so before I started home brewing. My kegerator only had a single tap and I was constantly having to switch out taps and I had to untap to force carb. Additionally switching out taps with the quick connects was error prone (read->I leaked entire tanks due to my #fail). This just wouldn't do so I made some updates.

Here is the new setup:
1. Splitter at the regulator so I can force carb outside the kergerator and not have to untap to do so.

2. Inline splitter so I can have two cornys tapped and keep a sanky online and shutoff for the occasions when I'm out of home brew.

Of course I pressure tested slightly over my force carb PSI at each step.

IMG_20120728_001906.jpg

IMG_20120727_233116.jpg

IMG_20120728_000953.jpg

IMG_20120723_191324.jpg

IMG_20120727_221014.jpg

Next, you need a two tap tower. Looks good.

Absolutely. I had a birthday party at my house this weekend so I had to play it safe. SWHBO requested a hefe so that was on the tower. The Stone Ruination clone was, unfortunately, on a picnic tap served from within the kegerator.

The two tap tower is in the planning stages. I move slow so it might be a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back