Help cleaning my line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcronv

Reaction score
So I’ve been having an issue with my kegerator. Only one of the two taps were working. I finally got around to pulling everything out and to my surprise it looks like I have a solid tube of hops and flub clogging up the line. What is the best way to get the clog out? Any advice would help. Thanks.
71807236185__2793C0A1-88A3-455D-BF76-2889B09690D4.jpeg

I’m just trying to avoid having to take the whole tower apart. Didn’t know if I could some how suck it out like a clogged ac drip line

empty keg, fill with hot water, lots of PSI and see if it pushes it thru?

Just take everything apart and blow the tube out. Blast it with garden hose. Use a tubing brush. etc.

Ice or congealed trub, remove the faucet for that line and use an unwound wire coat hanger to break up that clog then flush it out...

Cheers!

I’m just trying to avoid having to take the whole tower apart. Didn’t know if I could some how suck it out like a clogged ac drip line

Can you remove the tap and disconnect and just black flush with hot water it into a bucket? Like Floppy Knockers said, it looks like a frozen line.

Looks like you're not running the EVA Barrier line in that pic. If you feel you may have to take it all the way apart and disassemble the tower, that would be a good opportunity to switch to that if you have been wanting to.

Back