yesterdays experiment with yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I brewed a DFH 60 clone yesterday, and after getting it into the boil kettle, I added a pound of flaked corn and a pound of flaked rice etc to the wet grains...and mashed it again and ran off a partigyle. I had a starter in the cooler that I had made at least two months ago. I am not EXACTLY sure of the date but I made 3 that day and the other two have been used, the beer fermented bottled and drank already. This stuff was brown and nasty on top, but I could see a layer of nice white yeast underneath . I pitched this ( again just to see as I have backup yeast if needed) This afternoon there are bubbles slowly coming through the airlock and a small layer of kraussen starting. I am amazed at how resilient yeast actually are.

hmmmm fermentation seems to be slowing way down already...no idea what the OG was as I forgot to take it....I do know that it was LOW

Latest posts

Back